GJ: editing invites email message

11 years 5 days ago #226376 by mothersofboys
GJ: editing invites email message was created by mothersofboys
I just used a test ("tester") account to invite another test account ("acuser") to join a group that "tester" had made.

acuser received the "Club Invite" email

It says:
Hello acuser, you were invited to join Kro-shay-2a in Crochet. Click here to join this Club!

How/where can I edit this messaging? It tends to generate conflicting error messagessometimes with "you have joined" sitting on top of "not authorized"... perhaps because the invited user did not join the parent group.

I'd like to put a bit more clarification in the email message - like that Kro-shay-2a really is a nested group under CrochetGroup ii and maybe a gentle nudge of "don't forget to join the home page category/parent group ...as needed"

thanks
LRG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 5 days ago #226415 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GJ: editing invites email message
The message isn't specific to a nested or parent group. At any rate it's the language string '[user] has invited [invite_user] to join [group] in [category]!' within your GJ language plugin.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 4 days ago #226431 by mothersofboys
Replied by mothersofboys on topic GJ: editing invites email message
ok thanks! Yes, I've seen the double messaging happen more because perhaps the user was invited to a group that hasn't been published/approved yet.

11 years 4 days ago #226440 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GJ: editing invites email message
Yeah, don't invite users to a group not approved yet. Normally this can't happen, but if you're a moderator you're able to do so. Normal users who own an unapproved group can't use its features yet.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 4 days ago #226462 by mothersofboys
hmmmm...

my test account of 'tester' is just a Registered User.

also is the creator of group "testers new weavers" in the Weavers category

'tester' is able to invite test user 'emailaccount03' to unpublished group "testers new weavers"

when 'emailaccount03' gets the email and clicks to join, that's when 'emailaccount03' gets the double error message of "joined successfully" and "not authorized"

'tester' is set to receive moderator emails: yes

does setting that to "receive: yes" make this user a "moderator" ?

what makes a user a "moderator" ? << sorry if that's a silly questions >>

is a "moderator" a group owner/creator ?

I've been looking for some site documentation on this "what makes a moderator a moderator" but can't seem to find anything.

Thanks
LrG
Attachments:

11 years 4 days ago #226463 by mothersofboys
I selected for 'tester' to "receive moderator emails: NO"

and then had 'tester' invite 'emailaccount03' to another unpublished group that 'tester' created

when 'emailaccount03' clicked thru the email -- now 'emailaccount03' got the page error of just "not authorized" ... no double message at least...

but how can I edit that "not authorized" message to be a little more explanatory? in the language file ? but wouldn't a generic "not authorized" error message apply to several different reasons rather than this just one of "you were invited to an unpublished group" ?? if it is just that one, then I will edit my language file to say that.

and so it seems that selecting "receive moderator emails: YES" does make a user a moderator.

are there any other 'parameters' that would make a user a 'moderator' besides being a SuperUser?

thanks
LrG

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.792 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn