Renaming State and ZipCode...

10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #230462 by PhoenixUK
Renaming State and ZipCode... was created by PhoenixUK
Hi All,

I'm stuck with knowing how to rename the following for the end user;

State renamed to 'County'
Zip Code renamed to 'Post Code'

However, will making any change be allowed to be in my joomla templates custom css file that I have, as I would rather these kind of tweaks not be lost on any future CB update?

Any guidance to achieve the above would be very much appreciated as always.

Regards,
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 9 months ago #230474 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Renaming State and ZipCode...
Edit them and change their title (e.g. State, Zip Code, etc..). You can't change their field name (e.g. state, zipcode, etc..) though unless you edit it in database, change the database column, etc.. Those are just Text fields created by the Sample Data feature though. You could simply create new text fields like cb_country and set title to Country.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 9 months ago #230819 by PhoenixUK
Replied by PhoenixUK on topic Renaming State and ZipCode...
Thanks for the reply, may I ask where exactly am I editing them?

krileon wrote: Edit them and change their title (e.g. State, Zip Code, etc..). You can't change their field name (e.g. state, zipcode, etc..) though unless you edit it in database, change the database column, etc.. Those are just Text fields created by the Sample Data feature though. You could simply create new text fields like cb_country and set title to Country.

10 years 9 months ago #230855 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Renaming State and ZipCode...
You can change their title or add new fields within CB > Field Management. Database editing requires changes to _comprofiler and _comprofiler_fields, but I advise against tampering with the database.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 8 months ago #230981 by PhoenixUK
Kyle, that's awesome thank you for the further pointer and I'm now cracking right on and altering what I need to within the Field Management and also adding new fields to personalise our CB registration process.

Thanks once again.

krileon wrote: You can change their title or add new fields within CB > Field Management. Database editing requires changes to _comprofiler and _comprofiler_fields, but I advise against tampering with the database.

10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #231234 by PhoenixUK
Whilst this topic is about me altering the State/Zipcode to County/Postcode as we're in the UK I have a horrible feeling it's relevant to one another.

Even though I followed the tutorial on this CB Mood feature, I must have gone wrong somewhere as the single drop down that I've populated with moods will not show in places like Profile Pic, Wall or User Status to be able to select one's mood in these sections.

It does show the select drop down, if I put it in Additional Information part of a profile, or User Information.

However, if I select a mood from the drop down in the latter above, it always defaults / jumps to as you will see with the attached image, the "County" field tab which is puzzling me as to how to fix this and a screen shot is below of this.

I would like to end with a members mood being displayed in their avatar area to be honest of their profile, can you help me finding a resolution for the above issue, it would be much appreciated indeed.

I look forward as always to hearing from you in due course.

Regards,
Rob
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn