[#4116] Redirect to specific pages upon login

10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #230755 by tkarra
Hi,

I am currently working on a website using community builder and virtuemart. I am using cb for user login. When the user connects from the front page (CB Login module), he is redirected to the front page (or to the page specified in the CB Login module parameter), which is fine. Now if the user is in not connected yet and tries to add a product to his cart he is asked to login, which is good. The problem is that when he logs in from there , I would like him to be redirected to the page he was before being asked to login, or at least to the cart page of virtuemart.

I purshased the PRO subscribtion in order to use CB Auto Actions as I thought it would solve my issue, but can find the relevant criteria to redirect users depending on where they are.

Can you please let me know if there is any solution that could help me ?

Thanks a lot for your help !

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 9 months ago #230782 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Redirect to specific pages upon login
My guess is when trying to add an item to the cart they're being sent to Joomla login or Virtuemart login. If this is the case then the best I can suggest as install the free CB Core Redirect plugin in the Free downloads section and it'll ensure Joomla login URLs always lead to CB as well as the return URL set by Joomla is forwarded to CB. If it's Virtuemarts login then there's nothing CB or we can do about that and you'll need to contact Virtuemart to implement return URL handling.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 9 months ago #230850 by tkarra
Replied by tkarra on topic Redirect to specific pages upon login
Thanks for your answer.
Actually I am already using CB Core Redirect plugin.
* When CB Core Redirect plugin is not activated (ie I am using joomla login module), the user trying to order is redirected to the joomla login module, and when he enters his credentials he is redirected his cart
* When CB Core Redirect plugin is activated, the user trying to order is redirected to the CB login module, and when he enters his credentials he is redirected the front page

--> So it seems like CB login module is not correctly handling the return URL set by Joomla.

Is there anything to configure in order to forward correctly the return URL set by Joomla ?

Thanks

10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #230863 by krileon
Unless Joomla changed their return URL handling it should be working fine. Please provide what Joomla version you're using. Try disabling URL Rewriting within Extensions > Plug-in Manager > System - CB Core Redirect and see if it works then.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 9 months ago #230871 by tkarra
Replied by tkarra on topic Redirect to specific pages upon login
I am using joomla 2.5.11.
If I disable URL Rewriting of CB Core Redirect then this plugin does not work: I am redirected to the Joomla login.
Thanks !

10 years 9 months ago #230877 by krileon
Have created the below bug ticket for further investigation.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/4116

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn