[SOLVED] Create a printable User list

9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #248748 by sirweb
I,m trying to create a printable User list (CB 1.9.0).
Seo is turned on in Joomla.

You can open the User list in a new window just by adding &tmpl=component to a non-SEO URL. This works when entering the URL directly in the browser.
Example:
http://www.mysite.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=usersList&listid=116&tmpl=component

Then I try to add this URL as a link in the User list Description. <a target="_blank"
href="index.php?option=com_comprofiler&amp;task=usersList&amp;listid=116&amp;tmpl=component">Printerfriendly version</a>

When I watch this link in frontend, the url has becom useless, it is a mix of SEO and non-seo url, like this:
http://www.mysite.com/mymenu/myitem/userslist/Mylist%20-%20text%20moretext?tmpl=component

Do you have any suggestions how to solve the broken link?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 7 months ago #248782 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Create a printable User list
The URL looks fine to me. SEF doesn't alter every parameter in a URL and it's bad practice to strip them without having specific routing rules to route back to the original URL. Add an Itemid to the URL that points to your CB Userlist menu item and it should SEF better as Joomla uses Itemid to determine menu alias which is used in the URL to remove component and task.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 7 months ago #248817 by sirweb
Replied by sirweb on topic Create a printable User list
I forgot to say that when inserting the link in the List Description, the link generates a 404 page. The same URL works fine inserting it in a blank browser.

The purpose is to generate a clean list without layout and without navigation.

I could provide URLs or screenshots if you accept that I send it by PM to you.

9 years 7 months ago #248855 by krileon
CB doesn't SEF urls in a description or anything of the sort. Joomla SEF or 3rd party SEF extension is altering it. You can try added live site to it instead of beginning with index.php to see if SEF will ignore it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 7 months ago #249289 by sirweb
Replied by sirweb on topic Create a printable User list
Adding Live site to the URL didn´t help.
As I understand, the only way is to create separate menu items, URL type, instead. Which unfortunately makes a lot of extra menu items.

Hope CB 2.0 will be better to print User lists. :)

Thanks,
Sune

9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #249332 by krileon
CB 2.0 does not have a print feature for userlists. Try disabling SEF and see if the issue goes away. Be sure to avoid quotes and dashes in your userlist title as well as it'll make it difficult to reverse it to do a userlist id match. This shouldn't be an issue with CB 2.0 though as we include the id in the SEF URL now.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn