[#4910] CB Conditional version 4 problem

9 years 4 months ago #253955 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Conditional version 4 problem
That's probably the double output issue. I've sent you an email with test builds for CB Privacy and CB Conditional to the email address attached to your JP account. Please give those a try (be sure both are installed) and let me know if issue resolves.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 4 months ago #254008 by Wouter47
Replied by Wouter47 on topic CB Conditional version 4 problem
I created a backup of my website and installed it in a test environment.
I installed both plugins you send me.

As soon as I set the value condition [cb:userfield field="username" user="#me" /] it does not work anymore and I get a "Page not found" after a while.

Is there a way I can send you my Joomla Akeeba backup so you can test it out? e.g. via Dorpbox

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #254018 by krileon
So the issue is not resolved with the two builds I've sent? Will attempt to replicate your results here locally.

How are you conditioning or privacy controlling the username field? Are you conditioning AND privacy controlling the username field at the same time?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 4 months ago #254023 by Wouter47
Replied by Wouter47 on topic CB Conditional version 4 problem
I am not mixing Privacy and Conditional on the same TAB or field.

In my example I have only a conditional to show when it's me

on the TAB defined;
Attachments:

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #254088 by krileon
Ah, substituting it in as a value. Ok, thank you. Will investigate further to see what's causing your issue.

Is the username field on the tab being conditioned?

Edit: I am unable to confirm the issue still. Substituting in the username for a tab conditional value appears to be working fine. Also note you should be using [cb:userdata field="username" user="#me" /] as you need to compare against the raw value instead of HTML formatted (userdata instead of userfield)

Edit: Ok, I could confirm your issue. This only happens when you substitute in a field to condition a tab that the field is on. If you use userdata instead of userfield then there's no issue. Will see if I can implement a fix for userfield usage though.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

9 years 4 months ago #254161 by krileon
Ok, was able to fix the issue and prevent all future looping problems as well. Will be releasing 4.0.1 today for both CB Privacy and CB Conditional.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.276 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn