[#4942] strange validation on reg form

9 years 4 months ago #254848 by heyai
Replied by heyai on topic strange validation on reg form
Can you post the conditionals you are using?

hey-ai - the community for asian guys and non-asian girls

The search bar is your friend, not just decoration!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #254853 by carin
Replied by carin on topic strange validation on reg form
Hi, thanks. I did not know how to post those so I sent you a private message with admin credentials. If you want you can have a look at the settings. Thanks for your time.

CB 2.0

9 years 4 months ago #254902 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic strange validation on reg form

1054 - Unknown column 'access' in 'where clause' SQL=SELECT `name` AS text, `folder` AS value FROM `xz685_comprofiler_plugin` WHERE `type` = 'templates' AND `published` = 1 AND `access` <= 8 ORDER BY 'ordering'

No idea where that's coming from. Could be a CB Query Field if you're querying for the templates? Possible CB Template Changer if you have not yet upgraded it. Can take a look at this as well when reviewing your conditional issue.

I think I tried every possible/impossible combination, even with single name field ... as soon as I use any condition this weird serverside validation kicks in.

I dont want to force my users to put in a name. The system needs a username/password and an email to function - thats it. There must be a solution for that.

This looks like it could be a bug during the PHP conditional checking when a POST is made. Please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look. Please also PM FTP login credentials so I can make debug code changes to CB Conditional.

Hi, thanks. I did not know how to post those so I sent you a private message with admin credentials. If you want you can have a look at the settings. Thanks for your time.

heyai is not a member of our staff. Please be careful who you send admin credentials to. You can identify staff by the CB Team avatar.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 4 months ago #254919 by carin
Thanks, PM is on its way.

CB 2.0

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #254932 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic strange validation on reg form
Ok, I've investigated your install. My initial findings is you had a lot of plugins that you have not upgraded. I've upgraded most of them except a few that will take some extra reconfiguration (e.g. CB Connect). The others were upgraded after reviewing your current usages to ensure functionality wasn't lost.

The query error is resolved with an upgrade of CB Template Changer.

Your CB Conditional issue is a bug in CB Conditionals finding of POST values of inputs. So what was happening is when you were registering the POST value was completely ignored so all fields were treated as being empty. This resulted in all conditions always failing on POST. Very glad you provided access as it was a tremendous help in tracking down this bug.

I've patched your install with the CB Conditional fixes. Please test on the install you've provided for me and will continue to test here locally to further ensure the issue is fully resolved.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/4942

A new release will be out today to fix this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 4 months ago #254951 by carin
works for me, thanks

CB 2.0
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn