[#5059] Problem running internalUsers in Autoactions

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #257939 by andreas.hallberg
Hi,

I'm trying to set up some auto actions that will trigger on "internalUsers". The auto actions will add or remove users from different GroupJive groups depending on "cb_birthdate".

With Auto action set to trigger "After User Login" works, but when I try to use the internalUsers trigger and the internalUsers link it doesn't work.

I run J2.5.28 and CB 1.9.1 with Auto actions 5.1.3 and GroupJive 2.7.0.

Any suggestions?

BR

Andreas
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 3 months ago #257987 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Problem running internalUsers in Autoactions
You set the Access to Super Users, so it's only going to run on Super Users. Internal Users loops every user and passes them through the action. However, you're pretty significantly out of date CB wise and CB Auto Actions wise so I've no clue if your release is bugged or not.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 3 months ago #257997 by andreas.hallberg
Replied by andreas.hallberg on topic Problem running internalUsers in Autoactions

krileon wrote: You set the Access to Super Users, so it's only going to run on Super Users.

Ok, then I understand. I missunderstood the access rights and thought that they limited who has the right to run the auto action internalUsers-link. But even if I change the rights it doesn't work, so it might be a bug.

When it comes to the version I might have missunderstood that too. But I thought that GroupJive wasn't working with CB2.x yet and that Auto Actions 6.x required at least CB2.0.4. So that's why I haven't upgraded to CB2.x.

Please confirm if it is ok to upgrade with full functionallity or is it possible to find a later 5.x version of Auto actions?

BR Andreas

9 years 3 months ago #258001 by krileon

Ok, then I understand. I missunderstood the access rights and thought that they limited who has the right to run the auto action internalUsers-link. But even if I change the rights it doesn't work, so it might be a bug.

I've no idea if that functionality is bugged in your release. It seams to be working fine in latest for CB 2.x.

When it comes to the version I might have missunderstood that too. But I thought that GroupJive wasn't working with CB2.x yet and that Auto Actions 6.x required at least CB2.0.4. So that's why I haven't upgraded to CB2.x.

CB GroupJive works on CB 2.x with the fixed events integration below. The backend just looks terrible as it was using CSS classes that don't exist anymore.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/255-developer-members-support/227366-groupjive-event-date-problem#253480

I recommend you clone your site and upgrade then try things out to get familiar with CB 2.x. Your install is only going to continue to go out of date.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 3 months ago #258026 by andreas.hallberg
Replied by andreas.hallberg on topic Problem running internalUsers in Autoactions
Now I have upgraded to CB2.0.5 and Auto Actions 6.2.1 but still no luck.

I have also included all groups Registered and above.

I get this line on every user: string(94) ":: Action 1 :: Access check for 43 failed: looking for 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, 12, 8 in -1, -5, -3"

I some cases it starts with string(95) instead of 94. However, the numbers doesn't give me any clue except that 2, 3, 4 etc must be the internal access group id.

If I use the trigger "After User Login" everything works fine, but then all users must login by them selves to update their GroupJive-groups. I want to use the internalUsers to administrate all groups based on the users age.

Do I have to change any settings to be able to use the internalUsers trigger?

BR

Andreas

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #258099 by krileon
The auto action 1 failed for the user id 43 as it was trying to check for the usergroup ids 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, 12, 8 when that user only has -1 (Everybody), -5 (All Moderators), and -3 (All Registered Users).

It looks like there could be an issue with the users group ids not functioning properly. Under Parameters tab of your action set it to reload the user. Then see if issue persists. Will review implementing a more reliable way of grabbing an existing users usergroups to avoid the gids variable being incorrect. For now reload user or setting access to Everybody should allow it to work.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5059

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: andreas.hallberg

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.478 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn