Audio field issues

9 years 2 months ago #258341 by ninokorinteli
Audio field issues was created by ninokorinteli
Hi,
the audio field is idle on the profile view, it displays player but i cannot play the file, basically play sign is not clickable, when i click on play looks like it wraps itself and the other fields in the frame (screenshot attached)

Also if uploading it gives particular allowed file types: audio/mp4, audio/mpeg, audio/ogg, audio/wav, audio/webm, but when i'm trying upload mp4 file it gives me red message: 'Please enter a value with a valid extension'. what i might be doing wrong?

also is it possible to edit allowed file types, like with the file field? i noticed audio field does not have this option in it's parameters. may be somewhere else?

thank you
nino
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 2 months ago #258346 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Audio field issues
Versions?
Please test with latest CB 2.0.5 nightly

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #258404 by ninokorinteli
Replied by ninokorinteli on topic Audio field issues
i have CB 2.0.5, upgraded as soon as it was released and Joomla 3.3.6

i searched for the same topic and found this

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/228139-solved-audio-files-upload?start=6#257211

i changed php.ini file so that post_max_size is slightly more then upload_max_filesize, after that .mp3 files start uploading although it takes a lot of time (why?), and its possible to play them in the player, i suspect player controls are idle when there is no file linked or uploaded. (?)

i was trying to link audio from myspace.com and was given fatal error: cannot access empty property... after that i disabled conditional (already had this issue before with other fields) and it gave me red error msg that only particular file types are allowed to be linked (see attachment 1); but the same files appear on file upload (see attachment 2)- must be by mistake?, as in reality it only takes .mp3; also reminding when i tried to upload (not link).mp4 file it gave me error.

also question: where i can correct file types, there is no option in audio file parameters where one can indicate preferable file extensions.
thank you
nino
Attachments:

9 years 2 months ago #258495 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Audio field issues
There's a jQuery validation issue that's fixed with nightly that causes the extension to not validate correctly. Medialement has also been upgraded to latest release with nightly. Please update to CB 2.x Nightly build found below.

www.joomlapolis.com/downloads/doc_details/640-community-builder-nightly-build

i changed php.ini file so that post_max_size is slightly more then upload_max_filesize, after that .mp3 files start uploading although it takes a lot of time (why?), and its possible to play them in the player, i suspect player controls are idle when there is no file linked or uploaded. (?)

If you upload a large file it's going to take time. You're uploading it to your sites server from your computer. If you've slow internet upload speed this will take awhile.

i was trying to link audio from myspace.com and was given fatal error: cannot access empty property... after that i disabled conditional (already had this issue before with other fields) and it gave me red error msg that only particular file types are allowed to be linked (see attachment 1); but the same files appear on file upload (see attachment 2)- must be by mistake?, as in reality it only takes .mp3; also reminding when i tried to upload (not link).mp4 file it gave me error.

You can not link to any audio you want. It needs to be supported by the player and more importantly by the browser. In addition to that the link needs to be an actual audio link with an audio header if it's PHP, otherwise it needs to end in .mp3 for example.

also question: where i can correct file types, there is no option in audio file parameters where one can indicate preferable file extensions.

You can't, it only allows the types that it can play; nothing more or less.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 2 months ago #259198 by ninokorinteli
Replied by ninokorinteli on topic Audio field issues
i updated CB 2.x Nightly, it would take mp3 files and links ending in .mp3;

got a question - what is 'actual audio link' and how it looks like as an url? how random user can identify it? pls give a hint

also if browsing audio file it says it should be audio/mp4, audio/mpeg, audio/ogg, audio/wav, audio/webm type, what are those file looking like as actual extensions? e.g. what is audio/mp4? .mp4a? .mp3?

also can i change the language of the message itself? i mean not changing the file types, or link types it can play, but the text to be more clear for end users?
thank you

9 years 2 months ago #259243 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Audio field issues
An audio link is a link directly to an audio file. For example as follows.

http://www.example.com/music.mp3

also if browsing audio file it says it should be audio/mp4, audio/mpeg, audio/ogg, audio/wav, audio/webm type, what are those file looking like as actual extensions? e.g. what is audio/mp4? .mp4a? .mp3?

They're mimetypes. I've added a feature ticket to clean that up a bit in next CB release so it'll be extension based and easier to read.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5101

also can i change the language of the message itself? i mean not changing the file types, or link types it can play, but the text to be more clear for end users?

Yes, it's a language string so you can translate it to whatever you like.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.299 seconds