Resend Confirmation Email Does Not Work

9 years 5 days ago #263273 by MAYASIMA
Resend Confirmation Email Does Not Work was created by MAYASIMA
When trying to resend a confirmation email via CB user management in the back-end, I get the following message and no email is sent:

I am running Joomla 3.4.1 and CB 2.0.7. Please advise.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 5 days ago #263282 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Resend Confirmation Email Does Not Work

MAYASIMA wrote: When trying to resend a confirmation email via CB user management in the back-end, I get the following message and no email is sent:

I am running Joomla 3.4.1 and CB 2.0.7. Please advise.

You should first use the Search Tools to filter/find all not confirmed users.
Then tick-box select them and then click the Resend confirmation button.

You cannot send confirmation emails messages to already confirmed users.

9 years 5 days ago #263318 by MAYASIMA
Replied by MAYASIMA on topic Resend Confirmation Email Does Not Work

You should first use the Search Tools to filter/find all not confirmed users.
Then tick-box select them and then click the Resend confirmation button.

Ok, I tried this with a user were the confirmed status is pending and it still doesn't work. I get the same message: "Sent confirmation emails to 0 users".

You cannot send confirmation emails messages to already confirmed users.

This is unfortunate because there are many scenarios were this could be useful. For example, if your configuration is setup to auto accept new users, and the registration email that is sent contains all types of information for the user, and if for some reason the user does not receive the email and calls customer service you should be able to just resend the email. Maybe the workaround is changing the status to pending and then resend it? Either way the error message should be a bit more specific.

9 years 5 days ago #263330 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Resend Confirmation Email Does Not Work
Sending of the reconfirm email only works if he user is unconfirmed and already has a confirmation code. This means cbactivation in database can't be empty, but I don't think that condition makes much sense and have added a bug ticket to just generate a confirmation code if needed. As a quickfix make the following change then retry.

IN: administrator/components/com_comprofiler/controller/controller.users.php
ON: Line 53
if ( ( $row->confirmed == 0 ) && ( $row->cbactivation != '' ) ) {
TO:
if ( $row->confirmed == 0 ) {
	if ( $row->cbactivation == '' ) {
		$row->store();
	}

Causing a store when the user is unconfirmed, confirmation is enabled for the site, and the cbactivation is empty will cause a confirmation code to generate. This should allow your reconfirm emails to then function fine.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 5 days ago #263332 by MAYASIMA
Replied by MAYASIMA on topic Resend Confirmation Email Does Not Work
Thanks for submitting the bug ticket. I made the changes and I am now able to send the reconfirm email for pending users. FYI since the user is in pending status it should include the link to activate the account and it doesn't.

I guess I got confused by the function "Resend Confirmation". I initially thought this was meant to resend the original registration email the user receives when signing up (the one you configure in the CB Configuration >> Registration >> Welcome Email Subject & Body). So I guess my question should have been if this can be added as a feature request?

9 years 5 days ago - 9 years 5 days ago #263333 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Resend Confirmation Email Does Not Work

Thanks for submitting the bug ticket. I made the changes and I am now able to send the reconfirm email for pending users. FYI since the user is in pending status it should include the link to activate the account and it doesn't.

Yes, it should have the confirmation link. Does your Pending email within CB > Configuration > Registration have the [CONFIRM] substitution? Email confirmation must also be enabled within CB > Configuration > Registration.

I guess I got confused by the function "Resend Confirmation". I initially thought this was meant to resend the original registration email the user receives when signing up (the one you configure in the CB Configuration >> Registration >> Welcome Email Subject & Body). So I guess my question should have been if this can be added as a feature request?

It will resend the Pending email and not the Welcome email. There's no feature or real need to resend the Welcome email as it doesn't or shouldn't contain any vital information. Both confirmation link and password would be sent in the Pending email (note you can't resend the password, it has already been encrypted). If you want to resend the contents of the Welcome email I suggest just using the Mass Mailer function.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn