Resend Confirmation Email Does Not Work

9 years 2 weeks ago #263402 by MAYASIMA
Replied by MAYASIMA on topic Resend Confirmation Email Does Not Work

Yes, it should have the confirmation link. Does your Pending email within CB > Configuration > Registration have the [CONFIRM] substitution? Email confirmation must also be enabled within CB > Configuration > Registration.

Thanks, the issue was that the email confirmation was not enabled.

It will resend the Pending email and not the Welcome email. There's no feature or real need to resend the Welcome email as it doesn't or shouldn't contain any vital information. Both confirmation link and password would be sent in the Pending email (note you can't resend the password, it has already been encrypted). If you want to resend the contents of the Welcome email I suggest just using the Mass Mailer function.

I disagree:
  • There are many reasons/scenarios to have the ability to resend the registration email at the click of a button. I disagree that it doesn't contain any vital information. In the CB configuration page you have the ability to completely customize the registration email that is sent out to users/clients. The content depends on the type of implementation, business model and individual needs. The registration email contains more than just a username. In many of our projects it explains how to reach the login area, how to use the site, hours of operations, policies, directions to a physical location, individual customer number and much more... It is an extremely important email because it is the first contact with the user/customer after signing up on a CB website. Now, if for any reason the registration email was not properly sent, or it went to the junk/spam folder, whatever the reason might be, when you get a call or email request from the user/customer, it is just much easier to click a button and resend it to the user/customer on the fly.
  • It functions better when multiple people are accessing the backend to manage users. You do not want all employees to just create their own email layouts to send user/client information to a customer. Since the registration email (except pending) is the only email you can customize and save the layout for, it basically serves as a template other employees cannot change.
  • the Mass Mailer is good for sending a group of users a general message but it is not practical for the purpose of resending registration information for one user. CB Mass Mailer doesn't have the ability to create and save templates. You would have to copy over the email registration content every time to send the user a copy of the registration email.
  • If we compare CB to other similar Joomla solutions, CB is by far the most superior and most versatile solution. This has allowed us to use CB for many different types of applications and not just creating communities. We have even used it to create solutions to manage certain types of retail environments. In one of those instances, we needed to migrate an entire retail customer database to CB and the company owner specifically wanted the option to have the user registration email sent on a case by case basis by his staff. Again, the versatility of CB is powerful, and in my opinion this is one of the strongest attributes against it's competitors. I can imagine that because of this, you must receive many types of requests that might not seem in line with your development objectives. So you probably have to carefully evaluate and balance many requests for features. I think this one makes a lot of sense even if you just use CB to build a small online community.

Thanks,

Sima

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 2 weeks ago #263405 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Resend Confirmation Email Does Not Work
We don't want to have to keep extending legacy code, which is what User Edit, Mass Mailer, and Resend Confirmation are. I would rather remove the resend confirmation email button and implement support for templates in Mass Mailer then have pending and welcome emails as internal templates for it, which at this time we can't do without rewriting the Mass Mailer code as it's all legacy still. With that said templates for mass mailer are planned, but I don't know when. I've added a note to implement templates to the mass mailer rewrite ticket below.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5148

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 2 weeks ago #263409 by MAYASIMA
Replied by MAYASIMA on topic Resend Confirmation Email Does Not Work
Thanks Kyle, that makes a lot of sense!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn