[SOLVED] CB Invites Usage

8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 1 day ago #266272 by optimized
[SOLVED] CB Invites Usage was created by optimized
Hi,

Is there dcumentation on how to display the Invites plugin on the website?

Thanks,

Mike
The topic has been locked.
8 years 10 months ago #266324 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Invites Usage
Nope, you basically install it then enable it. That's all there is to it. Now navigate to your profile and you can begin inviting through the Invites tab.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
8 years 3 weeks ago #280020 by azjr
Replied by azjr on topic CB Invites Usage
Kyle - I would like to be able to send the invites as pictures on this page: www.joomlapolis.com/news/18473-members-invite-friends-with-cb-invites-40 - what do I need to do?
in CB Invites plugin > parameters > email - I see fields for Body Header and Body Footer - is this where I would enter the html code to more or less look as the example? how do I fetch the image variable?
Thanks!
8 years 3 weeks ago #280032 by krileon

is this where I would enter the html code to more or less look as the example?

Yes.

how do I fetch the image variable?

Substitute in the HTML display of the avatar field. This is done with the below substitution usage.

[cb:userfield field="FIELD_NAME" /]

Please see the below tutorial for further substitution usage information.

www.joomlapolis.com/support/tutorials/107-use-cases/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
8 years 3 days ago #280837 by azjr
Replied by azjr on topic CB Invites Usage
Kyle - I'm running into couple hiccups here:

1) when I place my email template html code into the body header/footer - the commented variables for MSO are being stripped which causes the template "gaining" of formatting content targeted at MSO.
So the
<!--[if (gte mso 9)|(IE)]>
<table width="400" align="center" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0">
<tr>
<td>
<![endif]-->

will loose the commented part and become:
<table width="400" align="center" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0">
<tr>
<td>

2) similar happens with <body> and <style type="text/css"> => both tags are stripped - however body tag gets removed entirely (with the inline styles) while <style> content remains only tags are gone - that causes to display the content on the email message when user receives it.

3) I mentioned on my other ticket about trying to parse language constants into the template - the <?php > and sourcerer plugin does not help.

please advise!
thanks
8 years 2 days ago #280863 by krileon

1) when I place my email template html code into the body header/footer - the commented variables for MSO are being stripped which causes the template "gaining" of formatting content targeted at MSO.
So the

Header and footer are filtered. You likely will not be allowed to use comments like that. You can try the below to see if it'll allow your comments to function.

IN: components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbinvites/cbinvites.php
ON: Lines 64 - 65
		$inviteHeader				=	Get::clean( $cbUser->replaceUserVars( CBTxt::T( $params->get( 'invite_header', '<p>You have been invited by [username] to join [sitename]!</p><br>' ) ), false, false, $extra ), GetterInterface::HTML );
		$inviteFooter				=	Get::clean( $cbUser->replaceUserVars( CBTxt::T( $params->get( 'invite_footer', '<br><p>Invite Code - [code]<br>[sitename] - [site]<br>Registration - [register]<br>[username] - [profile]</p>' ) ), false, false, $extra ), GetterInterface::HTML );
TO:
		$inviteHeader				=	$cbUser->replaceUserVars( CBTxt::T( $params->get( 'invite_header', '<p>You have been invited by [username] to join [sitename]!</p><br>' ) ), false, false, $extra );
		$inviteFooter				=	$cbUser->replaceUserVars( CBTxt::T( $params->get( 'invite_footer', '<br><p>Invite Code - [code]<br>[sitename] - [site]<br>Registration - [register]<br>[username] - [profile]</p>' ) ), false, false, $extra );

2) similar happens with <body> and <style type="text/css"> => both tags are stripped - however body tag gets removed entirely (with the inline styles) while <style> content remains only tags are gone - that causes to display the content on the email message when user receives it.

Body is already supplied and you can't have a body in a body. Exclude body entirely and just use inline styles.

3) I mentioned on my other ticket about trying to parse language constants into the template - the <?php > and sourcerer plugin does not help.

That's not how language strings in CB or Joomla work. You can't have a language string in the middle of your content for example. You must translate the entire thing. So for example you'd have the following.

Header: MY_INVITE_HEADER
Language String:
'MY_INVITE_HEADER' => 'HTML HERE',

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.271 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn