[#5375] issue with profile update

8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #267028 by ninokorinteli
[#5375] issue with profile update was created by ninokorinteli
Hi there,

i'm having issue with profile update since i upgraded to joomla 3.4.2 and then 3.4.3 When i try to update profile it sends me to the page '0-namespace does not exist' (pls screenshot see attached). Although it actually saves the changes i make.

Also i'm getting unresponsive script message when i try to edit fields in back end and now user profiles from the front end. (screenshots attached for both)

running joomla 3.4.3, CB 2.0.9

pls help and thank you
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 9 months ago #267029 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic issue with profile update
Install latest CB 2.x nightly release below.

www.joomlapolis.com/downloads/doc_details/640-community-builder-nightly-build

This will fix the namespace issue. The unresponsive issue is due to Joomlas debug mode as it adds a ton of JS hooked HTML to the bottom of the page, which crashes FF and IE (Chrome seams to do fine). Disabling Joomla debug mode should get rid of that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 9 months ago #267033 by ninokorinteli
Replied by ninokorinteli on topic issue with profile update
Thanks! installed CB nightly release, and it fixed the issue.
I have Debug system and language disabled from the global configuration, but the message still appears, is it anywhere else i should disable it?

8 years 9 months ago #267081 by krileon
It only needs to be disabled in Joomla global configuration. Aside from that I'm not aware of anything else causing it except maybe a Joomla template that's overloading JS. If it's still happening even after disabling debug mode please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #267187 by krileon
It's due to how many fields you have (533, holy cow!). It's choking the jQuery that is used for our multiselect dropdowns, which are being rendered by CB Conditional. Will have to look into a way to improve that jQuery or put a limit on it for it to not be used if there are too many options. For now you can make the below change to turn off all our backend multiselect dropdown usages.

IN: libraries/CBLib/CBLib/AhaWow/View/RegistryEditView.php
ON: Line 4409
$classes[]			=	'cbSelect';
TO:
//$classes[]			=	'cbSelect';

The above should stop those inputs from parsing into select2 and our multiselect dropdown usages.

Please note even for a standard HTML select field that is A LOT of options. You may want to seriously consider redoing your fields for better performance and usability. I can't possibly see how that many fields is maintainable for admins or reasonable for users.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5375

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

8 years 9 months ago #267806 by ninokorinteli
Replied by ninokorinteli on topic issue with profile update
Thanks a lot! it's helped with back end edit, but i still have the same unresponsive script message appearing on the front end, on user profile edit. can it be somehow fixed too?

re number of fields, i cannot agree more, too heavy and complicated even usability wise - unfortunately this is how the person for whom i'm doing website wants it to be.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn