[#5454] New User registration

8 years 8 months ago #269089 by nant
Replied by nant on topic New User registration

webtomix wrote: After the repairs we worked on the user is still getting 150+ emails when someone registers.

This means that your Joomla ACL tables are still messed up from your bad migration.

Suggest you download the ACL Manager tool as I have seen it in the past be able to fix such issues.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 8 months ago #269102 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic New User registration
I recommend using ACL Manager as Nick has suggested. I just don't see how this is possible from a code perspective. There's multiple safe guards and caches against this.

The only way is if for whatever reason that user had multiple accounts with the same email address and all of them are set to receive emails. Does any other email get duplicated or is it just the moderator email?

Using phpmyadmin or whatever database software your host provides navigate to _users table and set every user rows "sendEmail" value to 0. Now set it to 1 for the users that should receive moderator emails.

For example having your super user have over 20 different usergroups should not be necessary. Super Users usergroup and view access level have access to everything. If that's not what you're experiencing then your permissions and ACL are completely bugged, which ACL Manager can likely fix. They should only have the Super Users usergroup and need nothing else.

It doesn't seam like your migration went well as your ACL is corrupt. It maybe time to consider starting fresh and moving data over carefully. CB has no control over this though and there's not much more we can do to help or suggest at this point.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 8 months ago #269153 by webtomix
Replied by webtomix on topic New User registration
I installed the ACL Manager and the main user is still receiving 150 emails when he gets a new registration.

8 years 8 months ago #269155 by krileon
Have you checked the _users database table as instructed above? Ensure only those that you want to receive moderator emails have "sendEmail" set to 1. If the issue is still happening it maybe time to look at the mail server as being at fault instead of the the site. Do any other moderators get 150 new registration emails (ensure they're configured to receive emails)? Is it only this email that's being sent 150 times? Have you checked mail server logs to see if 150 emails are actually being sent and who from?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #269156 by krileon
Aha, figured it out. The query is missing DISTINCT. Your Moderator View Access Level includes 150 usergroups. The IN WHERE statement is checking all of those and comparing it to users to grab all the moderator rows. If a user has more than 1 of those matching usergroups they end up with a duplicate row. In the case of the site owner you gave them all of those usergroups. This results in duplicate results. Make the below change and see if issue is then fixed.

IN: libraries/CBLib/CB/Legacy/cbNotification.php
ON: Line 404
$query		=	'SELECT u.id'
TO:
$query		=	'SELECT DISTINCT u.id'

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5454

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn