[SOLVED] User Manager Fails: Daylight Saving - Australiia DateTimeZone::__construct(): Unknown or bad timezone ()

8 years 6 months ago #271599 by krileon
Please make the below change and see if your issue persists.

IN: libraries/CBLib/CBLib/Date/Date.php
ON: Line 65
$tz					=	Application::CBFramework()->getCfg( 'offset' );
TO:
$tz					=	'Australia/Sydney';

Please note this is just a test to see if there's an issue with CBs offset calculation.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #271624 by NickOg
Morning Kyle

The problem still persists I am afraid.
if ( ! $tz ) {
//$tz =	Application::CBFramework()->getCfg( 'offset' );
$tz = Application::CBFramework()->getCfg( 'Australia/Sydney' );
}

and I have checked the logs again. I forced an error elsewhere to make sure the log is working but no messages from CB there,

If it helps or is appropriate I can give you access to the offending site.

Regards

Nick

8 years 6 months ago #271637 by krileon
Please see my above reply. You did not edit the code as instructed. You need to replace that entire variables definition with just 'Australia/Sydney'. It's to force the timezone to it instead of replying on getCfg to return the offset, which maybe wrong and if it is would be what's causing your issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 6 months ago #271653 by NickOg
Hi Kyle,

Please accept my apologies for wasting your time. No excuse except lack of attention. :blush:

This time though
//$tz	=	Application::CBFramework()->getCfg( 'offset' );
$tz	=	'Australia/Sydney';

and that does fix the problem. The error no longer appears. That of course gives me a work round for my site for the moment.

Regards

Nick

8 years 6 months ago #271714 by krileon
Ok, thank you. I believe I can have this fixed quickly for next nightly release then. It appears our offset getCfg value could be wrong.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5554

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

8 years 6 months ago #271716 by krileon
Ok, the below fix is being implemented for next nightly. This will correctly use the user timzeon and fallback to system timezone as needed instead of the calculated offset from UTC.

IN: libraries/CBLib/CBLib/Date/Date.php
ON: Line 65
$tz					=	Application::CBFramework()->getCfg( 'offset' );
TO:
$tz					=	Application::CBFramework()->getCfg( 'user_timezone' );

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, NickOg

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.401 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn