Conditionals Failing Since Joomla! 3.5.0 Upgrade

7 years 11 months ago #280301 by chepp
I checked for caching. I turned off caching on both the Joomla installation and on the hosting level quite a while ago. I didn't install any JS compression, and nothing pops out in quick scan of my plugin list (in case something else I installed added it). The "System - Page Cache" plugin is disabled (don't know if that is the same one as the system settings).

I'm using the Protostar template (with CSS modifications). As far as I can tell, it doesn't appear to be using JS compression. When I check resources in the browser console I see 20 different .js files loading (mostly CB and boostrap related), but nothing jumps out as related to compression, though it could be implemented within one of the other .js files. Is there something specific I should be looking for in those files that would indicate compression is taking place?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 11 months ago #280311 by krileon
Please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 11 months ago #280360 by krileon
Have reviewed your install. You have something installed or configured that is converting select elements into Chosen elements. Chosen is a jQuery plugin that enhances select elements to provide filtering, etc.. functionality. Notice your select element that you're conditioning off of isn't a normal select element.

CB Conditional can not condition off those as it's not designed to hook into Chosens events (nor will it ever, Chosen needs to properly fire the select elements changed event).

I've verified your condition works perfectly fine if the select isn't a Chosen select by inspecting and altering the DOM to display the select again. You'll need to find what on your install is converting your select elements to Chosen and turn it off as it's too aggressive.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #280447 by chepp
Just to close this out, I found that a module for DJ-ImageSlider was loading Chosen. The odd thing to me was even when I turned it off, Chosen would still load. I went into /media/jui/js/ and renamed chosen.jquery.js to chosen.jquery.js.x and chosen.jquery.min.js to chosen.jquery.min.js.x. Conditionals started working, including formatting issues where the width of dropdown boxes were getting set to zero.

Thanks again for your help in tracking this down.

EDIT: Don't do this - it will break your back end.

7 years 11 months ago #280464 by krileon
Don't recommend disabling the JS entirely as Joomla uses it throughout backend. You'll need to track down what keeps loading it as the selector that whatever is loading it is using is far too aggressive. I've made a feature ticket to see about implementing support for Chosen events so this won't be an issue to use Chosen selects.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5908

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

7 years 11 months ago #280469 by chepp
I just disabled the one module that installed Chosen. Since Chosen was still loading even though it was disabled, I renamed the two Chosen files to prevent them from loading. The rest of JS is still running.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.341 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn