Conditionals Failing Since Joomla! 3.5.0 Upgrade

8 years 3 weeks ago - 8 years 1 week ago #280197 by chepp
I'm having trouble with Conditionals since upgrading to Joomla 3.5.0. When I change a field that causes other fields to appear, they do not appear until I hit submit. When I hit submit it gives an error message that the field is required and displays the hidden field. For example, if I select "Student" in one of the drop down boxes, the "Student" tab is supposed to become enabled (as it did before the Joomla! upgrade). If I select Student and hit the submit button, I receive an error that the required fields on the Student tab are missing, then the tab becomes enabled. Similar behavior for fields withing the same tab.

I initially tried upgrading to CB 2.0.14 with the latest Conditional plugin, but I get the same behavior. I turned off the only non-CB produced plugin (AcyMailing), and 20 Joomla plugins at a time to see if one of those was causing the problem, but no change. One thing I did notice is that registrations and logins would not work under PHP 7 ("Session expired or cookies are not enabled in your browser..."), but I backed it down to PHP 5.6.19 which fixed that particular issue.

Any thoughts on what is causing this?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 3 weeks ago #280220 by krileon
Probably a fatal JS error from some sort of jQuery conflict. The dynamic conditioning is entirely jQuery driven. Press F12 to open your browsers developer console then click the Console tab. Now refresh the page and see if any fatal JS errors are present.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 3 weeks ago #280227 by chepp
I don't receive any fatal errors. I do receive some warnings about self closing tags in IE that don't show up in Chrome and Firefox, but that's about it. When I have the site in debug mode I receive this error when I enter the registration page:

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/pcmb6683/cbtest/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/phpinputfilter/phpinputfilter.inputfilter.php on line 328

When I hit submit (which fails due to required fields that did not present initially), I receive these errors:

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/pcmb6683/cbtest/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/phpinputfilter/phpinputfilter.inputfilter.php on line 328

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /home/pcmb6683/cbtest/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbantispam/cbantispam.class.php on line 1623

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /home/pcmb6683/cbtest/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbantispam/plugin.cbantispam.php on line 236

I did apply the Joomla 3.5.1 just in cast that might make a difference but there was no change.

8 years 3 weeks ago #280254 by krileon
Something isn't right with your upgrade. That usage in phpinputfilter doesn't exist anymore. Please install latest CB 2.x nightly found below.

www.joomlapolis.com/downloads/doc_details/640-community-builder-nightly-build

Next update your installed plugins according to the below chart.

www.joomlapolis.com/cb-20-addon-status

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 2 weeks ago #280273 by chepp
I loaded up CB 2.0.14+build.2016.04.05.01.02.18.557995701, CB Conditional 4.0.7+2016.03.11.17.55.49.428f56ed2, and CB AntiSpam 2.0.0+build.2016.03.03.23.20.17.4513e85ed. I removed the AcyMailing plugin as well. No change, no errors in the console. The depreciation errors did go away, so there is some progress. Any suggestions on next steps?

Thanks

8 years 2 weeks ago - 8 years 2 weeks ago #280300 by krileon
If you've any sort of caching or JS compression extensions installed please disable them entirely to see if that helps. Several template frameworks come with JS compression functionality and I highly recommend leaving it disabled if available.

Your issue could also be conflicting conditions. You can not condition the same field twice as the last condition applied will override any previous.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn