[#5999] Dropdown field types with OPTGROUP

7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #283035 by musteks
Replied by musteks on topic Dropdown field types with OPTGROUP
Hi Kyle !

I go back to a past question, sorry for my English. I will try to explain that I need to do.
I guide the fields out of database by means of CB Query Field .

Here screenshot databases .

That to show out data, I use such call

When to hatch OPTGROUP, subsequent data get in this OPTGROUP . they do not have OPTGROUP and must be in ordinary list .

Please help to decide a problem

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #283053 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Dropdown field types with OPTGROUP
The optgroups are not closed in code, but in the DOM. You need to ensure the groups come after the non-grouped entries by using ORDER BY. It does not disturb the ordering of the rows, but will consider implementing that for a later release if you're wanting to have non-grouped, then grouped, then non-grouped again.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6066

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #283369 by musteks
Replied by musteks on topic Dropdown field types with OPTGROUP
I have now come across a situation where I need to have two levels of indentation in my dropdown, i.e.
Is it possible to create a hierarchy ?

Attachments:

7 years 8 months ago #283421 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Dropdown field types with OPTGROUP
Optgroup inside of optgroup doesn't exist in HTML (it's not in the specification so it may or may not work; up to the browser). Best way to support that is to just increment the subsequent optgroup with a dash or some other character. Additionally as stated above you can not have an option outside of an optgroup after the optgroup; that won't work currently and for now options outside of an optgroup must come before the optgroup.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: musteks

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn