[SOLVED] [#6086] error message in Jnews module coming from legacy CB component

7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #283434 by pdenessen
Hi

When openinging Jnews 8.9.1 I get the following error message in the header. I think it is coming from a legacy CB installation.
Any advice how to remove this ?
I am using Joomla 3.5.1 and CB 2.0.14
Jnews core 8.9.1

Notice: Constant _CMN_YES already defined in /var/www//libraries/CBLib/CB/Legacy/LegacyComprofilerFunctions.php on line 62

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 10 months ago #283449 by beat

pdenessen wrote: Hi

When openinging Jnews 8.9.1 I get the following error message in the header. I think it is coming from a legacy CB installation.
Any advice how to remove this ?
I am using Joomla 3.5.1 and CB 2.0.14
Jnews core 8.9.1

Notice: Constant _CMN_YES already defined in /var/www//libraries/CBLib/CB/Legacy/LegacyComprofilerFunctions.php on line 62

There is nothing CB can do here, as CB is first and Jnews second at loading.

Please ask the JNews developers to add an if (!defined() around their define for it and to at least the _NO variant that most certainly is already there.

We can't remove before CB 3.0 these legacy defines...

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

7 years 10 months ago #283476 by pdenessen
Hi Beat,

I got this feedback from the developers of Jnews the error are coming from CB..

I have to backup and update the files legacyComprofilerFunctions.php. Where can I find the original/latest one?

7 years 10 months ago #283478 by beat

pdenessen wrote: Hi Beat,

I got this feedback from the developers of Jnews the error are coming from CB..

I have to backup and update the files legacyComprofilerFunctions.php. Where can I find the original/latest one?

Ok, maybe I got mislead by having only the first of the 2 lines of errors that you must have been seeing (second one normally starts with "Already defined in ..."

Quick fix is to comment the exact line of the exact file of the exact path mentionned in the error you pasted and the one after it, by adding // in front.

Will do another improvement in CB in the hope that JNews does same test on their side.

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #283479 by pdenessen
Thx Beat,

I will inform them as well and refer to this post.
Weird that this issue is not reproducible on another similar site with both components installed.

7 years 10 months ago #283510 by beat
Latest CB nightly build, in our downloads, now has this fixed. Please confirm that it fixes it also for you.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn