Make Profile Pic Clickable and Easy to Update

7 years 8 months ago #285223 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Make Profile Pic Clickable and Easy to Update
Works perfectly fine when configured as instructed above on our demo site below.

demo.cbdemosites.com/

Use ajaxtest/ajaxtest to see it working fine. If the demo site resets before you've a chance then create a new user from backend and configure the ajax as instructed above and it'll work fine. I've no idea what's preventing it from working fine on your site, but likely a configuration problem or a possible conflict. Can't see any reason for it to affect new users only.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: davisJ

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 8 months ago #285260 by davisJ
Thanks, just had a long chat with my developer and we couldn't figure this out. Tried it on my site with Protostar, no go. It works on your demo but you're using an older CB core version. Could it be that CB 2.0.15 breaks this?

7 years 8 months ago #285274 by krileon
CB 2.0.15 only has 1 change from the current build on demo site and it has nothing to do with the CSS or fields. So no it's not likely 2.0.15 has anything to do with it.

Please understand the click area for both can not override elements on top of it. This means if you've a bunch of field positions in use for the canvas you maybe just overriding the ability to click to edit. A new layout that uses a gear icon is planned that will have an extremely high z-index to better accommodate usages in the canvas as again this has only been about 90% improved over before.

Please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #285360 by krileon
Have reviewed your install. Looks like it's an issue caused by "Show Empty Fields" being set to "No" in CB > Configuration > User Profile. Once changed to "Yes" it works fine on your install. It should be ignoring that though and still allow ajax edit. Have added a bug ticket to see what could be causing that check to fail in CB Core Fields Ajax.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6175

Will see if I can get this fixed today in addition to some minor CSS improvements (the avatar becomes top positioned instead of bottom for example).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

7 years 8 months ago #285364 by davisJ
Thanks Kyle, nice work!

7 years 8 months ago #285365 by krileon
Ok, you just need to set an ajax placeholder. Within CB Core Fields Ajax parameters of your field set "Placeholder" to "-" and it'll work fine. This doesn't make a ton of sense for image fields though since they can't truly have no value and will adjust that if check to handle image fields a little different.

Will have a new build out later today or early tomorrow with this fixed and some CSS improvements that allow the canvas and avatar positions to look a bit nicer with ajax.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn