[#6179] new cb gallery

7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #285377 by jpdenny1
[#6179] new cb gallery was created by jpdenny1
Hello CB, thank you for he new CB Gallery it is impressive. Activity update too was quality. Here is some feedback/issues I ran into.

1. The auto actions I had or the previous system actions do not post the media (files, photo, video) to the activity stream. I updated to most recent CB Activity and CB Auto Actions prior to Gallery upgrade. had a double action in system and normal

2. For this site I needed to use the old layout e.g. Photos tab with Gallery field set up for photos, videos and files. I cannot see an option to remove search on a Gallery field when displaying on profile. I went with new style and figured out the search option

3. Seems when a value is entered for a custom upload limit the upload / link button will not show, strange one that.

4. If I try to only have linking for all media, the drag and drop facility still shows. using settings in plugin and tab.

<Edit>

5. There are no further options beyong "no change" for e.g. a file.

Kind regards

Joomla 3.6.2
CB 2.0.15 Latest Nightly
GJ 3.0.1 nightly
Php version 5.5.35
Auto actions nightly
Activity nightly
Privacy nightly
Conditions nightly
CB Gallery 2.0
.....all nightly!
Uddeim 3.9

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #285387 by jpdenny1
Replied by jpdenny1 on topic new cb gallery
I updated to the lastest version Sept 2nd.

Also noticed that when selcting a photo or video the window does not display properly anyore for a public viewer, it is fine when logged in. Video is much worse than photo. Chrome is worse than Firefox. It works fine on your demo though.

Edit: works fine with Prostar template too. No JS errors or otherwise using F12. Feel this is a replay of this post www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/232195-cb-gallery-display-issue?start=12#275548 which is not good as there was no solution.

I have found though that if I make the browser window smaller it works perfect in Firefox, although acts a little bit strange in Chrome when toggling up and down. Anything above a 12" screen makes it not display properly. I mean if you have a second, it would be great if you could take a peek at the Gallery. Yes, it is quite clear this is a template issue.

This message contains confidential information

Joomla 3.6.2
CB 2.0.15 Latest Nightly
GJ 3.0.1 nightly
Php version 5.5.35
Auto actions nightly
Activity nightly
Privacy nightly
Conditions nightly
CB Gallery 2.0
.....all nightly!
Uddeim 3.9
Attachments:

7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #285429 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic new cb gallery

3. Seems when a value is entered for a custom upload limit the upload / link button will not show, strange one that.

Yup, confirmed bug fixed for next build.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6178

4. If I try to only have linking for all media, the drag and drop facility still shows. using settings in plugin and tab.

Confirmed, fixing for next build.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6179

5. There are no further options beyong "no change" for e.g. a file.

Can you be more specific? What gallery configuration do you have?

Edit: This is just a symptom of 6179. It's now fixed.

I have found though that if I make the browser window smaller it works perfect in Firefox, although acts a little bit strange in Chrome when toggling up and down. Anything above a 12" screen makes it not display properly. I mean if you have a second, it would be great if you could take a peek at the Gallery. Yes, it is quite clear this is a template issue.

It looks like it's due to your template having "position: relative" on the body as an inline style, which it shouldn't.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 7 months ago #285475 by jpdenny1
Thanks Kyle. They work great now.

Regarding the position: relative; it was enough of a heads up to get someone to look at it for me, it appears to be an inline element - which I cannot find the source of. Hopefully they will be able to hunt it down and fix it.

Joomla 3.6.2
CB 2.0.15 Latest Nightly
GJ 3.0.1 nightly
Php version 5.5.35
Auto actions nightly
Activity nightly
Privacy nightly
Conditions nightly
CB Gallery 2.0
.....all nightly!
Uddeim 3.9

7 years 7 months ago #285480 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic new cb gallery

Regarding the position: relative; it was enough of a heads up to get someone to look at it for me, it appears to be an inline element - which I cannot find the source of. Hopefully they will be able to hunt it down and fix it.

The body element of your HTML has an inline style of "position: relative" directly on it. It's most likely in the index.php of your 3rd party Joomla template. I recommend contacting the developer of your template regarding this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 7 months ago #285489 by jpdenny1
FYI I think I have found a solution myself, I assigned the Gallery menu item (pluginclass) to Protostar. I cleaned up some CSS and it looks and more importantly works great!..Hoping it is a sustainable workaround.

- Original template supplier said this: "That is the main body call. The inline styling is done through javascript as part of the framework, you can't change that, it's needed for several parts of the responsive layout".

- Joomla debugger guy failed in his attempt, he was on about adding px to a window or something.

Anyway, thanks for looking at it, much appreciated :-)

Joomla 3.6.2
CB 2.0.15 Latest Nightly
GJ 3.0.1 nightly
Php version 5.5.35
Auto actions nightly
Activity nightly
Privacy nightly
Conditions nightly
CB Gallery 2.0
.....all nightly!
Uddeim 3.9
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon