Builds and Phone Field - phone has disappeared

7 years 3 months ago #290023 by jciconsult
Replied by jciconsult on topic Builds and Phone Field - phone has disappeared
Just to summarize, our problem is that we have a field phone not cb_phone. I realize this is a legacy issue but we need to stick with it because phone is used throughout the rest of the extensive FABRIK code that we have developed
  1. Is there a way that we can get our original phone field back?

2. Can we define a new alias field instead?

3. We don't want to introduce other issues so I am concerned about simply upgrading with the latest build.

4. We cannot go back to a backup. There are two many site transactions.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #290045 by krileon

Is there a way that we can get our original phone field back?

Yes, that can probably be done by reverting the alias field changes. Within _comprofiler_fields find the alias field. Now change the "name" and "tablecolumns" values to "cb_phone" (or whatever name your phone field had), change "type" column to "text", change "sys" column to "0". Believe field title and description should've been left alone, but if not change them back to whatever you had. The stored phone values should all still be in the "cb_phone" column of _comprofiler. If not then they'll be in the "alias" column which you can rename to "cb_phone" and change its column type to "text". Next install latest CB build for it to recreate the alias field as a new field.

Can we define a new alias field instead?

Latest builds will create alias field as a new field. It no longer uses a reserved id. What field id the alias has is entirely irrelevant now.

We don't want to introduce other issues so I am concerned about simply upgrading with the latest build.

Latest build will not cause any issues. The check for that field existing is based off name and not field id now and it'll see the alias field exists by name already so it won't do anything further. With the above revert steps it won't exist by name anymore and will be properly recreated (without using a reserved id).

We cannot go back to a backup. There are two many site transactions.

Your backup should be a complete backup. Which means you should be able to extract only what you need to restore. In this case just the _comprofiler_fields column should be enough, but the above manual instructions for reverting alias are probably easiest.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kautrand

7 years 3 months ago #290181 by kautrand
Replied by kautrand on topic Builds and Phone Field - phone has disappeared
This worked for me but is a pain to have to do on all my sites.

Kent

7 years 3 months ago #290227 by krileon
You shouldn't have to unless all your sites have been broken by the update. No future install will have this problem as again it's already fixed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 3 months ago #290566 by missarab
Replied by missarab on topic Builds and Phone Field - phone has disappeared
Where is these field changes to be done? in cpanel php database, or in CB field management?
Thank you

7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #290572 by krileon

missarab wrote: Where is these field changes to be done? in cpanel php database, or in CB field management?
Thank you

See my reply below if you're affected by this.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/235727-builds-and-phone-field-phone-has-disappeared?start=6#290045

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.312 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn