[SOLVED] Password reset problem - access denied

7 years 2 months ago - 6 years 1 month ago #291949 by tekfix
On one site I have a curious problem. When users tick "Forgotten password", enters user-id and email and clicks on "Send password" they get an error message "Access denied" and the password is not sent. The "Forgotten user ID" works fine. What could stop the forgotten password from working?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 2 months ago #291969 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Password reset problem - access denied
Sounds like Joomla ACL is blocking it. Please ensure you've a public and published Joomla menu item to CBs profile page (note this menu item does not have to be visible on a menu module, but it's mandatory to exist). You may also want to do the same for a menu item to the forgot login page.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 1 month ago #302719 by ernienet
Replied by ernienet on topic Password reset problem - access denied
I have a few customers with this problem, but the solution above is not working - or I'm doing it wrong.

I have a "User's Menu" where the "User Profile (mandatory)" exists. The status is Published and the Access is Public. It's in the Menu Item Root.

The module that displays the "User's Menu" is only visible to Registered users - those who are logged in. So I created a new menu called "Hidden" and added the User Profile (mandatory) to that menu, but it didn't change anything.

The "Error Access Denied" message is still appearing when the user wants to change their password.

What else might I be missing?

Thank you,
Ernie

6 years 1 month ago #302731 by krileon
Change their password from where? Forgot login? Ensure you've a public and published Joomla menu item to CBs forgot login page. This should've already existed as on initial install CB will create them. An "Access Denied" error with an empty page is typically Joomla blocking it. CB blocking a page typically will say "You are not authorized to view this page!".

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 1 month ago #302806 by ernienet
Replied by ernienet on topic Password reset problem - access denied
The customer is changing it from the "Forgot login" link in the CB Login module.

The "Access Denied" message is in the error module on the forgot login page. It occurs after they click the box and fill in the form:

When I go to Menus I see the "CB Forgot Login" is published and public. It's in a menu called Community Builder. I don't have a module or position for this menu - I assume it works like the "hidden" menu we used to create in the old days (Joomla 1.0, 1.5) for some pages (like contact forms) to work.

Could this have something to do with Akeeba Admin Tools? I added "index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=lostpassword" to the .htaccess maker exceptions list, but that did not fix the behavior.

Thank you,
Ernie
Attachments:

6 years 1 month ago #302809 by krileon
Are you trying to use forgot login for a super users account? Joomla won't allow super users password to be changed unless logged in so you can't use forgot login for super users. Test using a regular registered user account to confirm.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn