[SOLVED] Password reset problem - access denied

6 years 2 months ago #302814 by ernienet
Replied by ernienet on topic Password reset problem - access denied
That was it. But it also seems to restrict Administrator, Manager, and Publisher, not just Supers.

My client has administrator privileges (in the future, clients will be limited to front-end access as Publishers, but I have over 25 clients now who use the administrator).

The immediate issue is for Admins.

How do I get this to work for Admins or other levels?

Thank you,
Ernie

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 2 months ago #302816 by tekfix
Replied by tekfix on topic Password reset problem - access denied
Are you using Admin Tools? If so, there is a setting in the fw (Joomla feature hardening)...
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #302818 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Password reset problem - access denied
As far as I'm aware Joomla only restricts Super Users and there is no way to bypass it as it's hardcoded into the user store function. As for other users tekfix maybe right and could be a 3rd party extension blocking those.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 2 months ago #302823 by ernienet
Yes, I'm using Admin Tools. But I'm not sure exactly what setting in WAF would control that. I don't see anything in the Akeeba help that gives me a clue what it might be. I already have most hardening options turned off.

Thank you,
Ernie

6 years 2 months ago #302824 by ernienet
Successfully tested the following:

Web Application Firewall -> Configure WAF -> Hardening Options: set "Disable creating / editing backend users from the frontend" to "No".

Not so sure this is a good idea from a security standpoint, but it solves the immediate problem until I can get all the front-end features set up for all my clients to their satisfaction.

Thank you,
Ernie
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon, fpctx

6 years 2 months ago #302826 by tekfix
Replied by tekfix on topic Password reset problem - access denied
Yes, that was the setting that solved my problem too. Not the best security-wise, but the only possibilty if you need admins to be edited on the frontpage, I suppose. Do they all need to be administratora or could they be changed to authors/publishers or some custom user group that is not a backend user group?
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.267 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn