Auto Action send email problem

6 years 6 months ago #297871 by Buzz50
Auto Action send email problem was created by Buzz50
Since upgrading Auto Actions to v ps_cbautoactions_7.0.0+build.2017.09.27.17.07.01.38bbe9276
An existing Auto Action is working differently
Instead of the email being sent to the user who has uploaded their Avatar as it was previously it is going to user 62, me, instead.
Any ideas why this may be?

From is and was set to 62
To is and was set to [user_id]

User on the global tab shows Automatic, I do not know what it was set to before and have not changed it. Maybe it should be set to User?

I have not changed anything at all for this Auto Action.

Buzz50
Mike
Buzz50 Seniors
'Head Buzzer'
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 6 months ago #297873 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Auto Action send email problem
What trigger are you using? There were no changes to that action usage in 7.0.0. Sounds like User is returning the viewing user, which just might be the case depending on what trigger you're using with Automatic usage.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #297874 by Buzz50
Replied by Buzz50 on topic Auto Action send email problem
Thanks, I have changed the User from Automatic to User and it now works as it did before

I am also having a similar problems with 'Private Message' 'Send customized private messages.' (I use UddeIM) which sends to the sender (me, 62) whether I set User to Automatic or User. The trigger is onBeforeUserAvatarUpdate and another message uses onBeforeFirstLogin
Again, both of these worked fine up until the update which i did at lunchtime today.

Buzz50
Mike
Buzz50 Seniors
'Head Buzzer'

6 years 6 months ago #297880 by Buzz50
Could you please send me an example database entry that sends an UddeIM PM from User 62 with a trigger of to all new members when they first join?
I can then see it working and adjust the message.
In anticipation, thank you,
Mike

Buzz50
Mike
Buzz50 Seniors
'Head Buzzer'

6 years 6 months ago #297895 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Auto Action send email problem
You need to specify the recipient user id for "To" when creating a Private Message action. The "From", if left empty, will be the user who triggered the action. If "To" is left empty the action will be skipped. The "From" parameter also changes the user object of the substitutions. So if you have "From" set to "42" then the substitutions in the private message parameters will be from that user instead of the user that triggered the action; this is the case for most of the action types now.

As for what variables are available to those triggers see the below tutorial.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18358-using-cb-triggers

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 6 months ago #297904 by Buzz50
Thanks
If I want to send a PM from user 62 to the user who triggers the action, what do I fill in and where?
This is a welcoming PM which I have been using with great success :)

Please also tell me what I fill in for User under the Global tab, Automatic, Manually, user or Specific.

Buzz50
Mike
Buzz50 Seniors
'Head Buzzer'

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.641 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn