CB Activity - auto update and duplicated items

6 years 5 months ago #298820 by robster80
Hello, I can't figure it out why activity stream auto update duplicates items. How to prevent this?
best regards,
r.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 5 months ago #298824 by krileon
It's timestamp based. Regardless it checks for the activity id in the rows data attributes to see if it already exists to determine if it needs to be ignored or not. Are you sure you don't just have duplicate activity? Seams to all be working ok in my tests.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 5 months ago #298831 by robster80
Replied by robster80 on topic CB Activity - auto update and duplicated items
I don't have duplicated activities for sure. I checked once more. When auto update is off, every item is displayed just once.

I'm think that problem is with Auto Actions. I see that you've made some changes lately so I used "Reinstall System Actions" and unpublished all my Actions and turned on auto update feature.

All old activities are displayed just once.

New (and old one with new comments) are doubled after comment is added - I see the (I think) original one, and additional with "log?"/notification. In original item, comments are displayed twice and I don't see menu in top right corner of entry.
In doubled items I see comments displayed once, with menu in right top corner.

If you will have couple of minutes I can add a user to front end for you.

Everything looks a little better that some time ago. Lets look at the screenshots:

1. after comment is added by test user

notification is displayed, which is cool but if, it is possible, it would be great if source post could be displayed at the bottom at once with this notification and with new comment under the post (everything without refreshing site).

2. after refreshing a site

source post is under notification, there is the new comment, and I like it (but why only after refreshing site? ;( )
and there are two the same posts - with notification and without. In this without notification comments are doubled.
Attachments:

6 years 5 months ago #298832 by krileon
That's working as intended. You have comment activity enabled. It generates an activity entry and embeds the activity that was commented on inside of it. You'll see this same behavior with Facebook time to time as well as it uses replication. I don't really have a solution for it at this time beyond maybe adding a condition so it won't create the activity if the comment was made too close to the date of the activity being commented on.

Notifications should not be disabled anywhere except on notifications. If it's displaying then the asset is probably set wrong for that notification. Example asset for a notification as follows.

Wrong: notification.42
Correct: notification.42.comment.1

The "notification.USER_ID" is always a prefix to whatever the actual asset is. This won't really be an issue once I've rewritten the notification API as they'll have separate storage.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 5 months ago #298835 by robster80
Replied by robster80 on topic CB Activity - auto update and duplicated items
previously assets were like notification.451.comment.
now is like activity.193.comment
I think I don't understand this part well... let's leave it for a while.

So... Posts must replicate right? I tried to delete old ones wit AA but those tries was probably a cause of previous problems. If with not AA I have a hope you will find a way to prevent this in situation when commented is some of recent posts.

But what about doubled comments in original post?

6 years 5 months ago #298846 by krileon
The double comment looks like a bug and was able to confirm.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6847

As for the duplicate activity it's not a bug and working exactly as it's supposed to. There's not really a way to improve that any further, but it's still on my mind for future releases to see if I can without destroying SQL performance.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: robster80

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.321 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn