CB Activity - auto update and duplicated items

6 years 5 months ago #298848 by robster80
Replied by robster80 on topic CB Activity - auto update and duplicated items
thanks!
r.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #298849 by krileon
Latest build just released fixes the duplicate comment issue, which was a caching issue causing the paging to reset.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #298852 by robster80
I installed, tested and can confirm, that there are no duplicate comments now :)

If you can, please look again at my screenshots. Is there a way to display a comment log/new activity entry (which I called notification before) with embedded replicated activity within, without refreshing site but after auto update only? Now, there is only log/activity entry (first screenshot after auto update) and only after refreshing site there is the new activity entry with embedded replicated activity (second screenshot).

6 years 5 months ago #298855 by krileon
The auto update pauses it self due to inactivity. It will only check for new entries a few times then it gives up. This can be restarted by interacting with the stream by posting new activity or using the More button to page in more activity. It does this so peoples browsers don't sit and ping your site indefinitely. This functionality currently is not customizable and gives up after checking for updates 30 times.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 5 months ago #298864 by robster80
Hello,
so I was wrong about the mechanism but somewhere there is something to improve :) Maybe next screenshot will give some answers, questions for sure ;)

before auto update (and after refreshing page) everything is ok, but after auto update post with no any comments or any other actions is replicated (1)

Log about a comment which has been added 3 hours ago (2) - down there (screenshot don't showing that) is other log with embedded post which was commented - as it should be.

Everything is going to normal after refreshing page to the next auto update.

Maybe all this is related to caching issue?
Attachments:

6 years 5 months ago #298874 by krileon
That's happening after commenting and it auto updates the stream with the comment activity?

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.314 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn