CB Activity - auto update and duplicated items

6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #298875 by krileon
Ok, I see an issue in the jQuery where it's looking for duplicate activity rows. The activity row inside of the comment activity row is being removed due to this check, but it shouldn't be traversing that far down. I've added a bug ticket and fixed for next build (should be available in a few minutes).

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6849

This solves the "2" in your sceenshot. I've no idea what's causing "1" in your sceenshot unless the CB Activity template files were modified and there's an echo somewhere echoing the activity row. Please ensure the template is set to Default within CB Activity and see if that solves your issue if you are using a custom template.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 5 months ago #298892 by robster80
Replied by robster80 on topic CB Activity - auto update and duplicated items
I think that I found next issue, but first:

I can confirm that issue(2) form my last screenshot is gone, thx ;)

on looong ss below (sorry but I joined couple of sss to one to show you something). Two activities: one is displayed 4! times and second 3 (A,B,C) times.

I didn't understood why number of replicated activities is different and then I found a difference between them. ABC is pinned and this is somehow causing problems. Activity displayed 4 times was added just after the pinned one.

When I unpinned ABC activity everything went back to normal again. In my case pinning feature is important so I have a hope that this is not a big problem to resolve.

There is still a problem with replicating activities and displaying them one to another when the activity is commented before other(new) activity is added (and this will be a common situation). It looks odd :( I've understood what you wrote that it should work that way, but maybe you will find some way to override this, hack, tweak ;)

Attachments:

6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #298895 by krileon
Comment activity uses replication. You will get duplicates. There is no avoiding this. If you do not want it then do not use commenting activity. I've no other method for adding comment activity that avoids duplication at this time. A feature ticket to improve this already exists, but that won't be for awhile as it's a major change. Ticket for this can be found below.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6612

As for pinned activity it looks like the auto update is not taking in consideration pinned activity, which it should just skip when pulling the timestamp and should also put new activity after the pinned. Have added a bug ticket for this.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6852

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.253 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn