Database Error Message 1118 - Row size too large

6 years 4 months ago #299701 by krileon
Have them configure the following.

innodb_large_prefix = 1
innodb_file_per_table = 1
innodb_file_format = Barracuda

This will ensure your database is ready for what you're wanting to do. The rest is up to you as long as it meets Joomlas minimum requirements. CB has been tested and works on PHP 7.1 (do not use 7.2, which just released as it is not tested) if you want to use PHP7 for better performance.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 4 months ago #299702 by Spiralmind
Replied by Spiralmind on topic Database Error Message 1118 - Row size too large

Have them configure the following.

innodb_large_prefix = 1
innodb_file_per_table = 1
innodb_file_format = Barracuda

What about the dynamic setting you referenced?

I will use PHP 7.0.x for now.

What about caching. Joomla conservative caching (no page caching) works with CB OK?

6 years 4 months ago #299705 by krileon

What about the dynamic setting you referenced?

That's configured per table after the above configuration is configured and working. If you want them to do that for you I guess you can otherwise you can do that by editing your tables in phpmyadmin and clicking the operations tab.

What about caching. Joomla conservative caching (no page caching) works with CB OK?

Don't really recommend Joomla caching at all in dynamic environments. That's mostly meant for static sites. For a CB based site you need per usage caching implementations that are more specific. JCH Optimizer is tested working CB and does well reducing page header size causing significant page load speed increases.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 4 months ago #299716 by Spiralmind
How's this look?

performance-schema=0
max_connections=100
max_user_connections=75
query_cache_size=32M
skip-external-locking
key_buffer_size=32M
max_allowed_packet=268435456
table_open_cache=128
sort_buffer_size=512K
net_buffer_length=8K
read_buffer_size=256K
read_rnd_buffer_size=512K
myisam_sort_buffer_size=16M
innodb_file_per_table=1
tmp_table_size=32M
max_heap_table_size=32M
thread_cache_size=4
default-storage-engine=InnoDB
innodb_large_prefix =1
innodb_file_format =Barracuda

6 years 4 months ago #299728 by krileon
Fine I guess. I'm no database expert. I just know a little to get by with basic server configuration and localhost setup, lol.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

4 years 17 hours ago #318026 by Spiralmind
Hello, I am trying to revisit this as the other hosting is very expensive and I would like to go back to SiteGround. Do you know if anything might have changed that would allow me to use the SiteGround hosting again? There have been many updates to CB and I would like to cut down on costs for this client. The VPS is very expensive.

Thank you

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn