Gallery upload limit exceeded by Activity posting?

6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #299913 by LineMine
Hi

Thank you for your suggestion on using an integer field, sounds much neater, assuming as you say that the only difference I want to make is on upload numbers.
I did a bit more testing this morning on this limit issue, and still found I was able to exceed the number set for a gallery, which was refusing further uploads, by just posting images, which were then added to the gallery.
I took a quick look in the backend, and although all the files were the same type, ie photo files, they were listed under two different assets; one was profile.[user_id].uploads and the other was profile.[user_id] and the uploads assets were going to an Uploads album.

I tried it with a second test user and the same result. It seems that the Uploads albums, which have been created automatically, are receiving the posted images and duplicating the limit, so if it is set to 5 for example, a user is able to upload 10 images in total.

Am I missing something obvious here? I haven't disabled the creation of albums, but obviously I didn't actually create these Upload albums.

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 4 months ago #299928 by krileon
Ah, yes that'd be an issue with it checking the limits then since uploads do use a separate asset. Have added a bug ticket to investigate further. It however is working as designed since it only checks for limits within its asset. Believe I should just need to change the asset of the uploads gallery to match profile (asset of uploads,profile instead of just uploads) should resolve this.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6909

Great find, thank you for all your information. Will see about having a fix out for this today.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LineMine

6 years 4 months ago #299931 by krileon
Ok, was able to find the issue and have fixed in latest build now released.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, LineMine

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.864 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn