Gallery upload limit exceeded by Activity posting?

6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #299820 by LineMine
Hi

Just a quick question on gallery photo upload limits. All working fine but I seem to be able to exceed the limit set for the plugin or a gallery field by just posting photos in the Activity streams of a group or a profile? Is this right?

Thanks

PS I have just hit a limit on this, so it is working but seems to allow (almost) the same number of uploads by posting as are allowed directly into the Gallery? I set the limit at 6, the gallery is full with 6 photos and won't allow any more uploads, but it has permitted five more via posting, and cut off at 11, not allowing the twelfth?

PPS Well this is getting a bit strange, as I have deleted some of the images I uploaded into the gallery before, now down to 8, but I can't upload any either via posting in Activity or directly into the gallery, so my guess is that the limit of 6 images is being strictly applied. I did get around it earlier though and have done in past tests.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 5 months ago #299824 by krileon
The limit is based off a per gallery basis. The uploading from CB Activity is always to the users profile gallery. The profile gallery pulls its parameters from the Gallery tab in CB > Tab Management (or globally if set to inherit from global). It will not respect the limits set in your gallery field as it's not uploading to that field (regardless of you telling it to output the profile gallery via asset parameter).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 5 months ago #299826 by LineMine
Hi

Okay, I think I follow that, but in fact that was the setup I was testing; the profile Gallery tab generated by the plugin and not a Gallery field in a custom tab. I set the limit in the gallery plugin tab. It is working correctly now, just 6 photos uploaded by either method, and no more, but I was able to upload more earlier.

It is possible that I had a higher limit when I uploaded the initial set I suppose, but I'm guessing this would make no difference as presumably it works dynamically and counts the existing number of photos in a gallery at that time?

6 years 5 months ago #299857 by krileon
If you're uploading as a moderator then the limit is irrelevant to you. It only applies to non-moderators as the parameter states. The limit is also per type. So for example 6 photos and 4 files. Maybe some of your uploads weren't actually photos and got classified as files depending on the extension?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LineMine

6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #299859 by LineMine
Okay, well thanks for all that. I wasn't uploading as a moderator but as various test users. I will check what you say about upload types though.

In any case I have much better idea as a result of this thread as to how the gallery works. I can see from following up on what you said that the plugin tab is closely tied to the ability to upload photos in Activity.

This is all very relevant to the site I'm building, which will use galleries a lot, and I'm looking at deploying different gallery levels (ie different maximum upload numbers) for different subscription types, something that I just noticed is mentioned in the CB Subs documentation. I'm going to assume from this discussion that the best way to set this up is as gallery fields in custom tabs?

6 years 5 months ago #299875 by krileon

I can see from following up on what you said that the plugin tab is closely tied to the ability to upload photos in Activity.

Correct, stream uploads will always be to profile gallery (the Gallery tab) and in the Uploads album.

I'm going to assume from this discussion that the best way to set this up is as gallery fields in custom tabs?

If all you're wanting to do is change the upload limits based off subscription you can directly do this by setting the Gallery tab to have create limit based off a field. You'd ideally use an integer field for this. You'd then adjust that field using CBSubs Fields integration to adjust their create limits. No need for additional galleries.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: LineMine

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.162 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn