Restrict access

6 years 3 months ago #301341 by shawneo
Replied by shawneo on topic Restrict access
Okay well that is understandable that you don't want to do custom work.

BUT, I need help. i have been trying for over a week now to do one thing and I cannot do it. Im very frustrated at the inability to get someone to teach me how to use cbsubs. All im trying to do is restict folder access to a folder and I cannot accomplish it.

Here is the path that I am trying to restrict:

/home/gtmlive6/public_html/charts

No matter what line I put this in I cannot seem to get it to restrict this folder. If anyone here wants to try and take a shot in helping me that would be great.Im quite discouraged.

Regards,
Shawn

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 3 months ago #301353 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Restrict access
It may not be able to restrict it purely due to access permissions. The permissions for that folder need to be accessible from Joomla. Try putting the folder in /images/charts within Joomla root then protecting that. It doesn't have to be in your server root.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 3 months ago #301663 by shawneo
Replied by shawneo on topic Restrict access
okay i put the folder in /images like you said and protecting images yet it is still not protected. The file protection doesn't seem to work at all. Im using siteground server.

Any other ideas or you wanna just login to the backend of my site and see?

6 years 2 months ago #301700 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Restrict access
If you've placed the files in /images/charts then your CBSubs Folder Access Protection should be configured as follows.

Path: /images/charts
Type: Joomla

You then need to login as a user with the plan. This should generate the htaccess if missing as well as the htpasswd file in the /images/charts folder.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds