Restrict access

6 years 4 months ago #300535 by shawneo
Restrict access was created by shawneo
Hi, i would like to restrict access to /charts on my website. This folder is not located within my joomla site but does have the same base url: gtmlive.com/charts as my joomla site.

Is there a way I can send members to the sign up page for this url and if they are a paying member allow access? Basically can I get cbsubs to control this /charts the same way it can for other pages and components?

Thanks,
Shawn

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 4 months ago #300562 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Restrict access
You should be able to do that using CBSubs Folder Access integration as it'll create an htaccess file and maintain an htpasswd file for anyone subscribed to the plan protecting that directory. However, it honestly maybe better to just bring whatever you're storing there into CB. If it's files maybe consider using CB Gallery and having a file gallery protected by CBSubs for example.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

6 years 4 months ago #300853 by shawneo
Replied by shawneo on topic Restrict access
its a custom webpage that is being stored there with graphs. You can see it at: gtmlive.com/charts

6 years 4 months ago #300880 by krileon
Maybe easier to just htaccess protect it from all. Then include whatever scripts necessary in a CB Auto Action or CB Code Field using PHP. With CB Auto Actions it'd be a Code action with no trigger selected and allows it to basically act as a custom component endpoint with whatever code you want. It'd then be within Joomla and not need a separate login system like htaccess login.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: shawneo

6 years 4 months ago #300986 by shawneo
Replied by shawneo on topic Restrict access
could i hire you to write that script and auto action for me? I don't know how to do it.

Regards,
shawn

6 years 4 months ago #300993 by krileon
No, we do not provide custom coding assistance here, advanced install services, or contracted work of any kind. Suggest contacting a contract developer familiar with at least Joomla API to implement it for you if you do not know how to code it your self.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.290 seconds