[#7024] CB Language Overrides takes a LONG time to load

6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #301854 by boyjahq
I have many CB language overrides in 2 languages and when I click to open a particular language plugin it takes almost 3 minutes for the page to render. This makes trying to go back and forth between languages to add new or modify existing languge strings rather frustrating. Is there some server setting or other strategy I can use to speed up loading time?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 2 months ago #301863 by krileon
How many is many? If possible attach your override language file found below and will see if I can reproduce the performance loss.

/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/LANGUAGE/override.php

Our repeat usage is kinda heavy but latest CB releases have significantly improved its performance. Please be sure you've latest CB build installed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #301872 by boyjahq
There are about 2000 overrides and I am using all latest nightly builds as of 7 February. I tried to attach override.php but it won't allow files with .php extensions...

Renamed file override.txt and attached.
Attachments:

6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #301886 by krileon
I'll be honest it was never designed to handle such a large usecase. You should just flat out have a custom language plugin for so many overrides. At any rate I am seeing a slow down, not 3 minutes or anything of the sort, but it's definitely slower than desired. Will see if there's a way to improve it further, but even if improved you're likely to hit input limits as it's 2 inputs per override meaning you'd hit 4000 inputs and may need to adjust php.ini to allow for more.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7024

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 2 months ago #301888 by krileon
Looked into this further and I don't have anything to suggest beyond directly edit the override.php file as you've far too many overrides than was intended for this usage so it can't handle it. Have noted the issues in the ticket and will likely require a rewrite to our overrides usage to handle larger sets of overrides, but it seams like you're trying to use overrides to replace the need for a language plugin and instead should just install the necessary language plugin.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

6 years 2 months ago #301911 by boyjahq
Thank you for looking into this!

When you recommend installing the necessary language plugin, what does that mean exactly? Language plugin for CB? Don't I already have those installed in order to have the overrides available to me? What would I do differently with the language plugin? How would this allow me to avoid using overrides?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn