[#7316] Uploaded audio lost in repeated group on save

5 years 5 months ago #308074 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Uploaded audio lost in repeated group on save

i set audio field "show on profile" and "show on edit" to yes and a little of problem solved but i can not add one new audio file when added one before that.is it need to create new Screencast?

The default row limit for field groups is 5. If you want more than 5 you need to adjust the necessary parameter in your field group field. You'll notice the row limit is reached when the add row button hides. If it's still visible, but not working it could mean you've a fatal JS error present possibly breaking it.

my problem is resolve when i add new simple text area field to my group field.

Which problem? The audio fields not saving or being unable to add more rows? Shouldn't need to add more fields to the fieldgroup for either issue as both appear to be configuration related (inaccessible audio field and limit parameter).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 5 months ago #308085 by saman2

krileon wrote: The default row limit for field groups is 5. If you want more than 5 you need to adjust the necessary parameter in your field group field. You'll notice the row limit is reached when the add row button hides. If it's still visible, but not working it could mean you've a fatal JS error present possibly breaking it.

i set audio field to show on profile edit and Show on Profile to yes.>then i can save my audio file easy and when click on save user profile btn it save correctly , but when i add second audio file to that repeted group,> then automatically remove first file from user profile. (limitation set on 5 file to add in repeated group)

krileon wrote: Which problem? The audio fields not saving or being unable to add more rows? Shouldn't need to add more fields to the fieldgroup for either issue as both appear to be configuration related (inaccessible audio field and limit parameter).

all of my problem in save additinal file resolve when i use new text area field as repeated group field.

5 years 5 months ago #308087 by saman2
please forget my description that i say in the previous post and see only this Screencast:
www.screencast.com/t/HS7nPMG2FeDW
is it possible have problem with Persian character?
note:my user name and family save correctly and readable in _comprofiler name and family col but not save readable in the group field col and save such as this:

[{"cb_phonefile":"_cb_sounds__0__cb_phonefile_4436_5bcf698ae3998.mp3","cb_summeryofcall":"\u06cc\u0628\u0644\u06cc"}]

i need to set manually Utf-8 for repeated group col? is it important?

5 years 5 months ago #308101 by krileon
Ah, I see. It only does this when the field group field only has an audio field in it. Have added a bug ticket to investigate further as was able to confirm.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7316

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 5 months ago #308103 by krileon
Ok, latest build just now released for CB Field Groups fixes the issue. Have confirmed it's saving fine. Likely affected all field types with an upload behavior.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

5 years 5 months ago #308424 by saman2

krileon wrote: Ah, I see. It only does this when the field group field only has an audio field in it. Have added a bug ticket to investigate further as was able to confirm.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7316

i check it and it seems work correctly ... do not you want say my name in your bug tracker as a finder of problem?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.295 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn