Cb Activity - notifications on joomla!articles

5 years 3 months ago #310280 by ThomasKuels
I have the comment- and like-function under my joomla!articles

How can I get a notification (to author/owner) if someone writes a comment or likes the article?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 3 months ago #310302 by krileon
You'd have to create a auto action in CB Auto Actions for that. One is not included for logging notifications for article comments or likes. The asset you'll need to use is article.ARTICLE_ID.comment or article.ARTICLE_ID.like as there's core parsing for that already. Will review adding new system actions for both.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7446

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ThomasKuels

5 years 3 months ago #310315 by ThomasKuels
Replied by ThomasKuels on topic Cb Activity - notifications on joomla!articles
Could you give me some more details for the action?
I am not a coder and i am not sure, what to do in detail ...

5 years 3 months ago #310323 by krileon
Quickest approach is probably a copy of the "CB Activity - Comment Notification" system action. You'd then need to adjust the conditions as the first condition limits the usage to activity only comments. So the first condition you'd change the following.

Conditions
Condition 1
This condition can be removed

Condition 2 (now 1) (left side only)
From: [cb:parse function="clean" method="int"][var1_activity][/cb:parse]
To: [cb:parse function="clean" method="int"][var1_content.article][/cb:parse]

Condition 3 (now 2) (left side only)
From: [cb:parse function="clean" method="int"][var2_user_id][/cb:parse]
To: [cb:parse function="clean" method="int"][var2_created_by][/cb:parse]

Condition 5 (now 4) (left side only)
From: [cb:parse function="clean" method="int"][var2_user_id][/cb:parse]
To: [cb:parse function="clean" method="int"][var2_created_by][/cb:parse]

Action
Asset
To: article.[var1_content.article].comment

User
To: [var2_created_by]

That's the best I can suggest at this time. When I get to the created feature ticket there will be a new system action for handling article comment notifications.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 3 months ago #310327 by ThomasKuels
thanks.
I tried out, but it doesn't work.

I am not sure, but is it right, that we have

[var2_user_id] under global => userID
[cb:parse function="clean" method="int"][var3_user_id][/cb:parse] in condition3 (left side)
[cb:parse function="clean" method="int"][var3_user_id][/cb:parse] in condition 4 (right side)
[var2_user_id] in action=> from
[var2_created_by] in action=>to

perhaps mixed 1, 2, 3?

but I can only guess

5 years 3 months ago #310335 by ThomasKuels
Still no success.

Don't I need a action, that makes an activity first?
Your solution wants to create a notification.
But where does the activity come from?
There is only an action for creating activity, when a content.article is created ... ?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn