CB Activity - display groupjive posts for joined groups only

4 years 10 months ago #312525 by AlanJones
I am just wondering if there has been any change here. The logic of displaying activity for groups that you have not joined doesn't seem to make much sense. As opting into a group doesn't seem like it means much.

Own Your Own Community!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 10 months ago #312544 by krileon
Joining a group lets you participate in that group. You can't post, comment, etc.. unless you join that group. Open and Approval groups have publicly view-able content. Invite groups are private. More group types will be coming in a future release; including a Page type that has no user management at all.

You will not see activity in CB Activity on your profile for groups you didn't join unless your connection posted something in that group and you can access that group. Recent Activity is not your activity. It is All activity you have permission to see. If you only want to see activity relevant to you then use My Activity menu endpoint.

The new Filters feature coming with CB Activity 5.0.0 is maybe of some interest as it filters the stream to only include the specified assets and can also filter posts by user. You can take a look at this feature in the announcement post below.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/6-news-and-publicity/240952-what-am-i-working-on#312215

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 10 months ago #312555 by AlanJones
So is there no way to see activity for groups that a user is joined. I understand that they have access to that activity content, but it would he awesome if I could filter the activity so that it's related to only the group's that the user is joined too.

Own Your Own Community!

4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #312576 by krileon

So is there no way to see activity for groups that a user is joined.

There is no way to filter CB Activity to only groups you have joined, correct. There is only a way to filter it to groups you or your connections posted content to and not random people you are not connected with.

I understand that they have access to that activity content, but it would he awesome if I could filter the activity so that it's related to only the group's that the user is joined too.

It's possible this can be implemented by GJ it self. It is not possible for CB Activity to implement this as it has no clue what GJ even is.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7567

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn