Keeping tabs of what the admins do...

3 years 3 months ago #321813 by timstohr
Keeping tabs of what the admins do... was created by timstohr
Hi Kyle,
My users are complaining that the admin has the right to delete their post and modify their post without them knowing what was modified or deleted. Would it be possible to keep a track of the deleted posts? ie they get put onto a state or get a different asset (eg addition of deleted. in front of the asset) and then you can (with some difficulty) find them back?

ie nothing ever gets truly lost unless deleted from the backend?

That would be a cool idea so as to stop the recriminations against the admins.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 3 months ago #321819 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Keeping tabs of what the admins do...
A "trash" state might be implemented in the future, but likely won't be as delete should mean delete. Publish state for activity is not available for frontend usage and is meant for API usage, but might be exposed for frontend moderation in a later release to just allow unpublishing activity entries.

If you want to log your moderators actions use CB Auto Actions to insert to Joomlas action log or use a custom database. You can use activity_onAfterDeleteStreamActivity to log something when an activity entry is deleted for example.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 3 months ago #321826 by timstohr
Replied by timstohr on topic Keeping tabs of what the admins do...
No idea how to do that yet but I will give it a try. But yeah this sounds like a very good way to go around it, even though it would have been preferable to have it in CB directly.

3 years 2 months ago #322781 by timstohr
Hi Kyle.
I have now a very good idea on how to do the "keeping tabs of what the admins do" and would like to ask for your help.

Everytime someone edits an activity as a moderator or owner (ie when [user_id] is NOT [moderator_ID]) then it should trigger activity_onBeforeUpdateStreamActivity.
As owner I would like to use the moderator (I am guessing this would be [var3_user_id]? Or maybe I use Super User as owner...), as text I would use "has updated the post by [original author] from [old content] to [new content]"

Using that, I could make the asset eg "Admin.activity.edit" then create an activity stream that ONLY shows all assets "admin.activity.*"

I would like to do the same with "activity_onBeforeDeleteStreamActivity". Can you help me to find out the values of each of those things?

3 years 2 months ago #322796 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Keeping tabs of what the admins do...
You can use the below if you want an action to only apply to moderators editing other users posts.

Global
Triggers: activity_onBeforeUpdateStreamActivity
User: Self
Access: All Moderators
Conditions
Field: Custom > Value
Custom Value: [var3_user_id]
Operator: Not Equal To
Value: [user_id]

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 2 months ago #322800 by timstohr
Hi Kyle,
Thank you very much, I hadnt thought of restricting the access to all moderators. I now wanted to get at the name of moderator [user_ID], the name of the [var3_userID], the content of the old activity (that was changed) and the content of the new activity.
What are the values (ie [xyz]) I have to use in order to get the auto action to produce a viable activity?

Thanks very much!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn