Keeping tabs of what the admins do...

3 years 2 months ago #323040 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Keeping tabs of what the admins do...
The built in edit log planned for a later release should cover that, but yeah if you need it public I guess you'll have to store it somewhere. Ideally somewhere outside of CB Activity. A custom database table with a Joomla reporting extension to output data from that table might be more ideal. I'm suggesting this because the more unnecessary data to CB Activity that is in CB Activity will slow it down more and more.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 2 months ago #323045 by timstohr
Replied by timstohr on topic Keeping tabs of what the admins do...
Yep that would be better, it overreaches my programming ability though (I am good with CB and with Joomla but am otherwise very limited... Hell, I even have to read up on how to write HTML now).
What I think I will do is simply let it run like this as I doubt that we will even see 1% of activity being produced due to the above AA.
With the addition of the EDIT banner that the edits are tracked, this 1% should drop even lower.
Regarding overload, yeah I had it already last year when notifications swelled up to nearly 4 GB on my International Friends site. Started radically pruning old ones and now it is going ok. Will likely do the same with the Activity if I ever get to it(although I will transfer them to a long term storage drive instead of pruning them). I have about 500 x more notifications than activity on my international Friends site (although its been dead since the pandemic started).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn