CSS issues only on IOS

2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #324697 by silverman1
[#8507] CSS issues only on IOS was created by silverman1
I have some CSS bugs, but only on IOS. I have tested with iPhone 7 (OS 14.5) and iPhone 11 (OS 13.3). Both on Safari and Chrome. There are no issues on Android or a desktop computer for these first two issues.

1. On the Activity-tab, the buttons were you chose a theme or a feeling for your post. They don't open correctly the first time you tap on it, (see the two attached images) and if you close it and try again the issue is gone and it looks normal. It's like the first time you use one of the buttons they get the wrong z-index or something. I don't know.

2. Also the Like-button. First time you tap it it opens up the options (Like, Love, Angry), when you then tap on one of them nothing happens, it looks like it only gets highlighted. The second time you tap it the Like gets registered. So you always need to double-tap on the Thumbs up for it to work.

3. On mobile devices the menu for a blog is missing. So it is not possible to edit or delete your blog if you use a mobile.
This third issue is on all devices, also on android and desktop if you make the browserwindow small.

I'm using CB version 2.4.7

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 11 months ago #324701 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CSS issues only on IOS

I'm using CB version 2.4.7

Your install is out of date. Please install latest releases of everything and check if your issue persists. If using Joomla caching be sure to purge all caches after updating. Latest CB release is 2.5.0+build.2021.05.07.16.38.01.fc714b3c4 the last 2.4.7 release was nearly 5 months ago so you're quite a bit out of date.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 11 months ago #324710 by silverman1
Replied by silverman1 on topic CSS issues only on IOS
Issue 2 and 3 was solved after updating CB and the plugins :)
But nr 1 still remains.

2 years 11 months ago #324712 by krileon
That's probably a CB Activity specific issue then. Have added a bug ticket to see if it can be fixed. Seams Webkit browsers aren't behaving correctly with those dropdown usages. I don't own an iOS device so will have to attempt fixes with emulation.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8507

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 11 months ago #324785 by silverman1
Replied by silverman1 on topic CSS issues only on IOS
After updating CB I got a new look on the menus. A "More" button, with a strange grey line that is only visible on my iPhone. Also the Follow button has been moved. I have it in the "Canvas info" position, in the top right corner of the canvas. But now this position has been moved to the bottom.

I like the old menu-style and Follow-position better. How can I get his back to original?

Attachments:

2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #324804 by krileon
See the following blog post regarding the styling changes.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18930-community-builder-2-6-0

If you generated a custom template using CB Template Changer and its Template Builder feature please update CB Template Changer and re-compile your custom template to update its CSS.

As for the gray bar I'm not sure why it's so dark unless the --light CSS root variable was changed to be dark.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn