Change GroupJive Panel Menu links

12 years 10 months ago #166611 by adamtest
Change GroupJive Panel Menu links was created by adamtest
I am wondering how to change the menu links that appear in the panel menu.

For example, I would like to change "My Categories" to "Categories" and either link to the "all categories" list or change the query to show all categories (not just my own).

Am I missing something in the admin or do I have to modify some files? Thanks.

P.S. I posted this in the GroupJive forum before I realized that was not a subset of the Advanced support area (so it can be removed from there).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #166732 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Change GroupJive Panel Menu links
The menu links are all language strings. You'll need to translate them within in the GJ language plugin provided with the GJ 2.x package. Most links use overrides so for example you'd be looking for "My [categories]", which you could replace with "Categories" or "[categories]" depending on if you want to maintain override support.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 10 months ago #166792 by adamtest
Replied by adamtest on topic Re: Change GroupJive Panel Menu links
Alright so seeing as now I know how to change the labels for the panel menu links, how would I go about changing the actual link location. As in, changing where the "my categories" link goes (it is possible you already answered this and I'm missing something lol).

12 years 10 months ago #166842 by krileon
Why would you want to change the link? It takes the user directly to their categories display in the panel. A any rate it can be changed within the template files; please review the below location.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbgroupjive/templates/default/

The entire frontend is quite literally a template.. you can change ANY aspect not controlled through PHP, which isn't much aside from the queries and storage handling.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 10 months ago #167726 by adamtest
Replied by adamtest on topic Re: Change GroupJive Panel Menu links
I want to change the link because my users will not be creating categories, so I just want them to have a generic categories link so they still have access to a list of categories.

Also, I want the default panel (when they log into their panel) to be their groups, not their categories.

Essentially all this means is that I would like control over the action of that panel menu. I checked the CSS files you mentioned and while they offer controls over the style of the menu, I can't change the link locations or function of the menu.

If this means I'll need to dig into the php, that's fine, but if I could get any hints or guidance as to where I can find the functions for the panel menu, that would be much appreciated. Thanks.

12 years 10 months ago #167760 by krileon

I checked the CSS files you mentioned and while they offer controls over the style of the menu, I can't change the link locations or function of the menu.

The template is not just CSS files. Please review the PHP files. They control the entire display of frontend, including links.

If this means I'll need to dig into the php, that's fine, but if I could get any hints or guidance as to where I can find the functions for the panel menu, that would be much appreciated. Thanks.

I recommend checking in panel_panes.php. ;)

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.269 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn