Change GroupJive Panel Menu links

12 years 10 months ago #168206 by adamtest
Replied by adamtest on topic Re: Change GroupJive Panel Menu links
So after several hours of tweaking/trying to understand how the code works, I still haven't gotten the functionality I want :S . I have no doubt it is due to my php incompetence, but if you could be a bit more specific as to what I would need to edit, that would be great.

Also, to be clearer as to what I'm looking for, I made a diagram! :laugh: (attached)
Essentially, I just want the user to be able to click a button (in this case the "Back to Overview" button) and have the panel display the general overview of the categories (as opposed to linking back to a separate overview page; I'm looking for similar behavior in terms of panel appearance to the other buttons). Hope that makes a bit more sense.

Thank you Krileon (and/or others!) for any guidance you can provide! This has been driving me nuts!
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #168224 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Change GroupJive Panel Menu links
The overview isn't a part of the panel, completely different functionality and display. You won't be able to display the contents of overview inside of panel without a massive rewrite and probably new template files. The panel shows what categories the user owns, what groups the user owns, what groups the user joined, and what invites the user owns. Overview shows all categories the user has access to; not just their own.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: schelly

12 years 9 months ago #172063 by schelly
Replied by schelly on topic Re: Change GroupJive Panel Menu links
Hi Krileon,

I just wanted to thank you for all the work you've done. I also wanted to edit or alter the panel menu, or maybe it's better stated as the Group Menu in the GroupJive panel? Anyway, I just eliminated the text of the link I wanted to do away with. That will work for now.

Just as an FYI, the link I wanted to do away with was "Back to Category" - the people in these groups should not be able to get to the category screen at all. I disabled Display Category in the configuration screens, but that didn't seem to affect the group menu links in the overview panel at all.

Anyway, this is a tremendous amount of work you've done to get GJ into CB. Thanks so much once again!

Schelly

Don't waste time and gas. Study with your team online at My Study Groups . Save time and money!

12 years 9 months ago #172215 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Change GroupJive Panel Menu links
Categories can't be disabled; you can only disable their display in the Panel and in your Tabs. However, you can't disable category usage all together. To remove the link you'll need to edit the group template group_panes.php and remove it from the menu.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.320 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn