[SOLVED] Cbsubs "group jive" integration plugin appears not to be working, . .

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #255813 by delhi-expat
Hi Guys

I purchased an "advanced" membership and "cbsubs" a few days ago (so I'm pretty sure I'm using the latest versions for both of these). Most of it seems to be working fine as I want it to, however, I’m having a weird problem in that the ‘auto add to groups’ (under cbsubs - plans – integration) won’t automatically add users to groups upon choosing that particular plan during registration.

And so I'm wondering - - Does the cbsubs “group jive” integration plugin work correctly with the current version of groupjive? Or am I not setting it up correctly as it should be? Page 387 of the support manual (cbsubs) states this: -

"7.5.6.20 Plans icon area à Integrations Tab à GroupJive sub-tab
The CBSubs GroupJive Integration plugin (see Chapter 6.8) when installed will add
this GroupJive sub-tab to the Plans icon area Integrations tab. The purpose of this
sub-tab is to automatically assign/revoke users to/from GroupJive groups upon plan
subscription/deactivation. It can also be used to automatically create new groups and
new categories."

I've done just what those instructions specified (pretty much self explanatory on that one), and torn more than a few hairs out, but it is still not working. . .

FWIW, the groups jive “auto” feature works fine (- - but I’m trying to set things up so that the user gets added to a certain group automatically upon registering and choosing a PLAN (at the time of registration, while filling out the registration form), so it would seem that the cbsubs "auto" feature should be used here rather than the group jive "auto" feature?

I'd appreciate it if someone could provide some insight into this issue. I'm happy to provide whatever information is needed in order to debug this.

Cheers!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 4 months ago #255820 by krileon

I’m having a weird problem in that the ‘auto add to groups’ (under cbsubs - plans – integration) won’t automatically add users to groups upon choosing that particular plan during registration.

It will only add them once the subscription has become active. If you're using free lifetime plans you need to ensure free lifetime plans are set to create subscriptions within CBSubs > Settings > Global otherwise it won't work.

Does the cbsubs “group jive” integration plugin work correctly with the current version of groupjive? Or am I not setting it up correctly as it should be? Page 387 of the support manual (cbsubs) states this: -

CB GroupJive has not received its CB 2.x upgrade yet. So yes, it's possible it's bugged. Be sure debug mode is enabled and maximum error reporting set in Joomla global configuration during testing so errors will properly output encase there is an error.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #255822 by delhi-expat

krileon wrote:

I’m having a weird problem in that the ‘auto add to groups’ (under cbsubs - plans – integration) won’t automatically add users to groups upon choosing that particular plan during registration.

It will only add them once the subscription has become active. If you're using free lifetime plans you need to ensure free lifetime plans are set to create subscriptions within CBSubs > Settings > Global otherwise it won't work.

Thanks a lot for the quick response, krileon. No, I'm not using "free lifetime" plans as far as I know. What I did was to create three new plans, out of which two are free and one is a "paid" plan, but, I'm assuming "free for one year" is different from "free lifetime". Or am I misunderstanding here?

(Edit: I went to "subscriptions" under cbsubs, and the user is showing up there, so it would seem the subscription itself has been activated? Just not sure why it's not adding that user to the group I specify. . . :blink: )

krileon wrote:

Does the cbsubs “group jive” integration plugin work correctly with the current version of groupjive? Or am I not setting it up correctly as it should be? Page 387 of the support manual (cbsubs) states this: -

CB GroupJive has not received its CB 2.x upgrade yet. So yes, it's possible it's bugged. Be sure debug mode is enabled and maximum error reporting set in Joomla global configuration during testing so errors will properly output encase there is an error.

Somehow, I doubt that there is a real error here - - I'm wondering if I'm not understanding things correctly. I have the default Joomla error settings, so I'm pretty sure it would throw an error (it did before with a module I installed that wasn't configured correctly), but none thus far. . .

Thanks again for the quick response - - much appreciated!

9 years 4 months ago #255856 by marketsetc
I'd like to second this; I set CBSubs' GJ integration to auto join different groups and it doesn't happen. Not the most urgent thing knowing that GJ is being rewritten (and the sooner the better, too, please).

9 years 4 months ago #255859 by delhi-expat

marketsetc wrote: I'd like to second this; I set CBSubs' GJ integration to auto join different groups and it doesn't happen. Not the most urgent thing knowing that GJ is being rewritten (and the sooner the better, too, please).

In the meantime, I'm wondering if there is a workaround? I'm happy to use the GJ "auto" feature for this, but the thing is that GJ "auto" does not show the plans I've set up in the membership form since that has been set up through cbsubs. Of course, if there's a way those fields could be accessed via the GJ "auto" feature, then that would be a perfectly acceptable workaround. . .

9 years 4 months ago #255886 by krileon
As GJ has not been upgraded for CB 2.x yet I can't really guarantee that's going to function. You can try using GJ Auto then acting on a CBSubs trigger to see if it'll function that way. Below is how you'd setup your GJ Auto.

Plan Active
Triggers: onCPayUserStateChange
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditional 1: [var3] Equal To PLAN_ID_HERE
Conditional 2: [var2] Equal To A

Plan Expired
Triggers: onCPayUserStateChange
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditional 1: [var3] Equal To PLAN_ID_HERE
Conditional 2: [var2] Equal To X

Replace PLAN_ID_HERE with the plan id you want to condition against. You can find your plan id within CBSubs > Plans under the Id column on the far right of the table.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn