[SOLVED] Cbsubs "group jive" integration plugin appears not to be working, . .

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #255941 by delhi-expat

krileon wrote:

Did that, but it did not seem to work. I used both onCPayAfterPlanSelected and onCPayUserStateChange ...

You need to use only onCPayUserStateChange trigger. What you're wanting will not happen when you click to select a plan though. It will happen after the subscription has become completely active (e.g. after they're registered). I'm still unsure if even this will work though as GJ hasn't gotten its CB 2.x upgrade yet.

I apologize - I should have worded my post better. What I did was to use each one of the triggers individually, but it did not work even after the registration process was over.

krileon wrote:

Quick question - - is it possible to use the cbsubsSQL plugin to accomplish what I'm trying to do i.e. add the user to a group depending upon plan chosen?

Yes, it's possible to add a user to a GJ group using a query, but none of the GJ triggers or integrations that depend on those triggers will fire.

INSERT IGNORE INTO `#__groupjive_users` ( `user_id`, `group`, `date`, `status` ) VALUES ( '[user_id]', GROUP_ID_HERE, NOW(), 1 )

The above would add them to GROUP_ID_HERE as an active user of the group.

As of now, the only thing I need is for the users to be added into a group once they register i.e. once they complete the sign up process and activate their account, and then be added to their own usergroup so that they can access their corresponding category on the forum (I have it set up such that all Group Jive groups have their own private areas on the forum - and that feature works as I tested it by adding an user to one of the groups manually through the back end).

Assuming the SQL query you've mentioned above works (I'll copy and paste verbatim and change the group ID to what it needs to be), would they then be able to access their own forums, or does that fall under the category of "but none of the GJ triggers or integrations that depend on those triggers"?

Edit: Also, would I need to resign the user(s) up in order for them to be added, or would entering in the SQL query and then clicking "apply" or "save" do this anyway?

Thanks again for all the help thus far, much appreciated!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #256288 by krileon

Assuming the SQL query you've mentioned above works (I'll copy and paste verbatim and change the group ID to what it needs to be), would they then be able to access their own forums, or does that fall under the category of "but none of the GJ triggers or integrations that depend on those triggers"?

No, using SQL to insert their user into a GJ group won't break the forum access behavior as that's handled dynamically. None of the core functionality of GJ depends on those triggers so as long as you don't depend on them with CB Auto Actions or some other plugin it should be fine.

Edit: Also, would I need to resign the user(s) up in order for them to be added, or would entering in the SQL query and then clicking "apply" or "save" do this anyway?

For existing subscribers you'll need to manually add them to the GJ groups or wait for them to renew as it's only going to affect new subscriptions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: delhi-expat

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #256342 by delhi-expat
Hi Kyle

This worked for me. Thanks so much for helping out here!

Now, the only other issue is the URL protection not working - - but I've already PM'd you the superuser details, so will wait for you to get back to me on this.

Thanks again - much appreciated!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.722 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn