CB Connect - Facebook Login not adding user to DB or logging user in?

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #256111 by ruraldev
Joomla V3.3.6 CB V2.0.4 Connect 6.0.4

When I click the Login with Facebook link the link does appear to work but it doesn't log the user in or register them/add them to the user table.

There are no errors.

I checked the Joomla debug and it shows the following info which makes me assume it is receiving the FB user OK from Facebook.

fb_14483734387....._access_token ⇒ CAAUlSbhQZC7sBAFoadqB58FZAzHet5pvas..............
fb_14483734387....._user_id ⇒ 1000000930.......

I replaced some characters with dots as I didn't know what was sensitive data!

If I login using the non Facebook login then it logs me in OK and I can "link to Facebook", once I have linked with FB if I log out then the Login with Facebook works OK.

I also tried Google and Twitter with the same problem, this leads me to think it is a setting somewhere?

Any suggestions on what to try?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 3 months ago #256293 by krileon
While not logged in, by default, clicking the button should register and log you in. This can be disabled though within CB Connect > Parameters > Facebok > Registration. Each social site can have registration enabled/disabled individually. This is on by default though so unless it was changed it should allow registrations fine. If your Facebook ID is already tied to a Joomla user it'll log you into that account.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 3 months ago #256302 by ruraldev
Hi krileon

Thanks for the help, I double checked and they are set to allow registration, if you want to try it for yourself the domain is www.lanarkshireoilclub.com

It's a bit weird but I bet it's something simple!

Regards

Gordon

9 years 3 months ago #256313 by mchatry
Hi everybody,

I've got the same issue on my site :

www.matospara.eu

When clicking on the facebook sign in button, a facbook window appear and ask for login and passport, but after what the windows is comming back to the site without to be connected, and there no new user in the data base.

I suppose that I've done a mistake somewhere,

Somebody to help please ?

Kind regards and happy new year

9 years 3 months ago #256376 by deef
I have tryed it becausse I have the same problem.

With you're site I get this as a facebook popup:

We could not log you in: You can't log in to this app because you do not meet this app's requirements for country, age or other criteria.

Can you try my site ?

urlgone.com/aa69bb/

With kind regards,

deef
www.siteguru.be

9 years 3 months ago #256377 by ruraldev
I had mine set for the UK only on Facebook, I've made it worldwide while testing.

Didn't sort out the problem though.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.248 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn