CB Connect - Facebook Login not adding user to DB or logging user in?

9 years 3 months ago #256395 by krileon

ruraldev wrote: Hi krileon

Thanks for the help, I double checked and they are set to allow registration, if you want to try it for yourself the domain is www.lanarkshireoilclub.com

It's a bit weird but I bet it's something simple!

Regards

Gordon

Your application is not configured properly. Facebook is throwing the below.

"Given URL is not allowed by the Application configuration.: One or more of the given URLs is not allowed by the App's settings. It must match the Website URL or Canvas URL, or the domain must be a subdomain of one of the App's domains."

The URL matching is strict. If the domains don't match your connection request will get rejected. There is nothing CB Connect can do about this as it's a configuration issue in the application it self. If you configure your application for example.com, but try to login at www.example.com it will not work as www is actually a subdomain and will fail their strict domain matching.

Within the Settings page of your edit application display click Add Platform and add a Website platform. From there you can supply your domain to Site URL. Next under Status & Review ensure your application has been enabled; this is also where you setup what permissions you want to use (public profile and email should be enough).

mchatry wrote: Hi everybody,

I've got the same issue on my site :

www.matospara.eu

When clicking on the facebook sign in button, a facbook window appear and ask for login and passport, but after what the windows is comming back to the site without to be connected, and there no new user in the data base.

I suppose that I've done a mistake somewhere,

Somebody to help please ?

Kind regards and happy new year

Ensure you're using CB Connect 6.0.4 and that you've followed the HybridAuth configuration properly, which is accessed with the provider link in CB Connect > Parameters > Facebook > Application.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 3 months ago #256399 by deef
Please put error reporting on on you're site and search in the error reporting what error facebook is dropping.

With kind regards,

deef
www.siteguru.be

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #256404 by ruraldev
Thanks

I had changed the Facebook settings as I had also tested another Facebook login plugin but I would rather use CB.

I've changed things back, see attached pdf files for settings.

I removed the id number but it is there in the actual settings.
Attachments:

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #256406 by ruraldev
2nd file won't upload!

9 years 3 months ago #256416 by krileon

I've changed things back, see attached pdf files for settings.

Your site URL has www excluded. Yet the link you provided is with www. You will get a URL mismatch. You also need to have debug mode and maximum error reporting set within Joomla global configuration for any errors thrown to be output. Base off your application configuration it will not work on www.lanarkshireoilclub.com/. Your Joomla template also appears to be missing the message tag. Without it you will not see Joomla message queue. Switch to default Joomla template during your tests.

2nd file won't upload!

Maximum upload size is 1MB. I've no idea why you're uploading PDFs; just attach the images directly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 3 months ago #256423 by ruraldev
It appears that the issue was that the email was already in the database, I suppose this must be the case for most people testing a site, however I didn't know that until I turned on the maximum error reporting and debug and changed the template.

I need to double check using my wife's PC and facebook account but it does like the problem has been solved

Thanks krileon for your help and sorry to be a pain!

Gordon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.258 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn