Ajax Chat Plugin?

6 years 4 weeks ago #303197 by bascherz
Ajax Chat Plugin? was created by bascherz
It would be awesome to enhance community interaction even more if there was an Ajax chat plugin available for CB. I've been messing around with an open source PHP app literally named "Ajax Chat" and it does appear it could probably be integrated with Community Builder. It has been integrated with several forum applications already, such as phpBB and VBulletin. Here's the link to the product site.

github.com/Frug/AJAX-Chat/

Any plans on doing anything like this? If not, I can try to see if this is something I can handle, but no promises. I can probably get it working, but it likely wouldn't be universally usable.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 4 weeks ago #303209 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Ajax Chat Plugin?
Chat will be provided by CB Activity. Specifically it'll be its new Conversations API to generate private comment streams (with some conversation styling adjustments to better fit chat) between users (just 1 on 1 for now, but group conversations are planned after it's all fully working). Won't be for awhile now though as working on CB 2.2 Bootstrap 4 upgrade at this time and after that Private Message System will be rewritten to CB Private Messages so CB has built in private messaging without need of 3rd party.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

6 years 4 weeks ago #303213 by bascherz
Replied by bascherz on topic Ajax Chat Plugin?
Do you have an ETA for this? A month? A year? Next week? ;)

Thanks!

6 years 3 weeks ago #303229 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Ajax Chat Plugin?
Sometime this year, but beyond that nope. The Private Message System rewrite will be done sometime in next 3ish months. Same for Bootstrap 4 upgrade.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.278 seconds