CBSubs - Create New Invoice For Every Renewal

4 years 10 months ago #312513 by bins
At present, auto renewals do not create a new invoice but adjust the original subscription invoice (or the first one where auto renewal was setup).

It is standard accounting practice in the UK and (I believe) the EU to have a unique invoice for each 'sale'. Indeed, the UK's tax agency, HMRC, specifies this.

As we grow and get more auto renewals, we get increasing queries as to where members invoices are. The only way around this is to manually create invoices, which is impractical.

I have mentioned this in the general forums before, but it is a growing issue so thought I would make the request more formal.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 10 months ago #312523 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs - Create New Invoice For Every Renewal
We've a mile long forum topic regarding this. To keep it short it's not happening anytime soon. Implementing this requires a complete rewrite of how CBSubs handles recurring baskets (because baskets are invoices in CBSubs), which would cause a backwards compatibility issue and potentially cripple users sites which are pulling in revenue. Basically the risk is too high to be touching something like that right now until we've found the best possible approach to handle it.

So with that said our planned implementation is frontend payment history with unique invoice numbers per payment row. This would satisfy the requirement of the law.

Additionally the law does not require you to host the invoices. Stripe and PayPal alike provide invoices to users per payment completely solving this issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn