update PHPmailer to 6.2

3 years 2 months ago #322616 by Jimmm
update PHPmailer to 6.2 was created by Jimmm
update PHPmailer to 6.2 or use send mail of CMS ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 2 months ago #322649 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic update PHPmailer to 6.2
We will be shifting more API calls to Joomla with CB 3.0 since Joomla 4 provides a modern framework now. We already have a feature ticket for this found below.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8140

Regardless of this why should we updated to 6.2 at your request? What use is this update to you? Are you experiencing problems as result of an older release? Please do not just make random demands with no explanation.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #322763 by Jimmm
Replied by Jimmm on topic update PHPmailer to 6.2
Ths is just our wishlist :)

our host just ask us to use 6.2 instead of running legacy system 5.x

Nice that you have a feature ticket for this :)

Maybe you know when you plan just simply using the CMS e.g. Application::CMS->sendMail ?

3 years 2 months ago #322776 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic update PHPmailer to 6.2
We will be using more Joomla APIs with CB 3.0. That is when we will deprecate our usage of PHPMailer as it won't be necessary anymore. We originally used our own as Joomla just didn't update often enough, but Joomla 4 is paving the way for a more modern Joomla framework that we'd like to get more involved with and ideally contribute to improving Joomla 4 as well.

Joomla 3.x is now using PHPMailer 5.2.28. Same as CB. Joomla 4 is using 6.2.0. Doesn't make any sense for us to switch right now until CB 3.0, which will likely drop Joomla 3.x support. CB 3.0 is planned to hopefully be out by end of year, but it's a near full rewrite of CB so it'll take time.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn