[RÉSOLU] Translate admin added fields

9 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #260342 by RichardWehrli
[RÉSOLU] Translate admin added fields was created by RichardWehrli
Hi everyone. Anyone?

I'm from Switzerland and I'm very new to joomla and cb, but it's great and works so far.

My problem: For our french speaking members I installed the fr-FR language plugin, and it works fine, all the CB built in texts (GE & FR) are all very well and I don't want to change them. What I need to get changed between the two languages are the labels for the fields and checkboxes in the user profiles.

E.g. the field "password" (cb user profile default) is nicely translated to "Passwort" for GE and "mot de passe" for French, but a profile field I added, e.g. "Ort" is not translated to FR. What can I do?

I installed your language override plugin, that's very nice for the pre-built-in-fields, but not for the ones I created...

Thanx, Richard

Joomla 3.4.0 / CB 2.0.7
The topic has been locked.
9 years 1 month ago #260863 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Translate admin added fields

RichardWehrli wrote: Hi everyone. Anyone?

I'm from Switzerland and I'm very new to joomla and cb, but it's great and works so far.

My problem: For our french speaking members I installed the fr-FR language plugin, and it works fine, all the CB built in texts (GE & FR) are all very well and I don't want to change them. What I need to get changed between the two languages are the labels for the fields and checkboxes in the user profiles.

E.g. the field "password" (cb user profile default) is nicely translated to "Passwort" for GE and "mot de passe" for French, but a profile field I added, e.g. "Ort" is not translated to FR. What can I do?

I installed your language override plugin, that's very nice for the pre-built-in-fields, but not for the ones I created...

Thanx, Richard

Joomla 3.4.0 / CB 2.0.7

Hi and welcome to our forums.

Just create your own language string (e.g., 'MY_ORT' => 'My translation goes here') and add it to your language.php files as needed.

When giving your CB Field a title in the CB Field Management area use the string you defined (MY-ORT).
The following user(s) said Thank You: erilam
The topic has been locked.
Moderators: beatnantlavstephkrileonerilam
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn