Back-End only Tab

18 years 2 months ago #6715 by mwep
Replied by mwep on topic Re:Back-End only Tab
Huh ? :blush:

I dont get it... I got it to install as well, but the Admin Tab does not show up as an option even when it's published.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 2 months ago #6737 by spacebass5000
Replied by spacebass5000 on topic Re:Back-End only Tab
This isn't a plugin meant for you all to just go out and use. It's a demonstration of how you can create private fields within the #_comprofiler table and have them accessible via the back-end but not the front. I was expecting you all to read the code, not just install it and see what it can do for you as-is.

Once installed and published, go to Components -> Community Builder -> User Management. You will see the new tab. This is the only place you will ever see the tab or be able to manipulate the fields it contains.

Post edited by: spacebass5000, at: 2006/02/20 15:32

18 years 2 months ago #6755 by xenfasa
Replied by xenfasa on topic Re:Back-End only Tab
Hi spacebass5000,

I've read the API and looked at your code. Though, what is not apparent yet or exactly to me is what makes the fields or your tab different so they only appear in the backend user area.

What values in what fiedds are set to make this happen?

Is it possible to move fields I have already created over to the new Admin Tab?

Would it be possible to assign fields to tabs? What would I have to do to enble this functionality?

The Admin Tab is not an option currently in the field editing back end area that allows me to assign fields to Tabs.

I see you have you have
profile=0
readonly=1
in the jos_comprofiler_fields table, are these the only key values that create this admin only field/tab?
Currenly it seems I'd have to edit your plugin and reinstall it to add more fields but is there another way to add fields?

Thanks again for this plugin it will serve as a great base to create others. I have some nice referral code I'd like to combine with this code to create a new referal plugin.

Thanks,
Xen

Post edited by: xenfasa, at: 2006/02/20 21:44

18 years 2 months ago #6757 by spacebass5000
Replied by spacebass5000 on topic Re:Back-End only Tab
spacebass5000 wrote:

Once installed and published, go to Components -> Community Builder -> User Management. You will see the new tab. This is the only place you will ever see the tab or be able to manipulate the fields it contains.

;)

> What values in what fiedds are set to make this happen?
I create a field named cb_authcode (i think that is what I called it). For more specifics, look at the xml file.

> Is it possible to move fields I have already created over to the new Admin Tab?
I suppose you could. You will have to create the proper field nodes in your xml file.

> Would it be possible to assign fields to tabs? What would I have to do to enble this functionality?
Sure it is! You would have to code all of it yourself!

I'm not planning on making this into anything anybody can use past an example/tutorial. This technique can be used for many things I suppose. What you do with it is up to you. By reading over the code in this zip, you will gain a lot of insight into how the fields are actually updated by the CB API.

Post edited by: spacebass5000, at: 2006/02/20 21:50

18 years 2 months ago #6857 by mwep
Replied by mwep on topic Re:Back-End only Tab
I am not having any luck with this. My offer of a PayPal donation still stands!!!!

:whistle:

18 years 2 months ago #6858 by xenfasa
Replied by xenfasa on topic Re:Back-End only Tab
Hi mwep,

I'm pretty close to making something usable. If you can give me an idea what you're looking for maybe I can keep your needs in mine as I develop my own solution.

What fields and how many are you needing in an Admin Tab? What additional features are you needing if any other than having an Admin only type Tab. I'll also PM my email so you can contact me directly.

I hope to create a more usable plugin anyone can use.

Xen

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn